Makeup For Hyperpig...

Notifications
Clear all

Makeup For Hyperpigmentation: Almay

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 04/24/2014 4:33 pm

HI YOU GUYS! So my skin is pimple free, i only have about three tiny pimples right now. But I still have the hyperpigmentation spots left....and i have A LOT of those. So i was wondering, can I use the Almay concealer to cover them up? Will it work without breaking me out? THANKS SO MUCH LOVE YOU

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/24/2014 4:53 pm

everyone reacts diff to everything- no one can answer it but yourself :) Also a product may say acne-free or noncomedogenic (these two words are not regulated by the food/drug act- so any company can state this on their product purely for marketing purposes.)

So like i said- no one on here can tell you how this product will correlate with your particular skin- only you can know.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 04/24/2014 11:47 pm

I also have hyper pigmentation spots that I hate. I use green concealer. Green concealer helps cancel out redness. You just have to put skin colored concealer over it. I use Physician's Formula Concealer twins (this one: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Physicians-Formula-Concealer-Twins-Green-Light-3055/10412927 ), which has a green and a skin-colored concealer connected in a tube. I like the green concealer, but the skin-colored one is pretty greasy and makes my pimples bigger. I use MAC concealer to cover the green concealer instead. Though, if I knew that there were green concealers in powder form when I looked for some, I would get that instead of the liquid kind.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 04/26/2014 5:26 pm

Oh I see...so does the Green Concealer break you out?? And also, Dan said that the Almay one works better so have you tried it before?Thanks!

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 04/30/2014 11:31 pm

Oh I see...so does the Green Concealer break you out?? And also, Dan said that the Almay one works better so have you tried it before?Thanks!

I don't think that it makes me break out, it seems to be good. I haven't tried Almay, but from what I hear, it sounds pretty good.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 05/01/2014 9:07 am

I love Almay. If you just have a few spots you want to conceal, try the Smart Shade Concealer. The only drawback with Almay though is that they don't really have shades for darker skin tones.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 05/01/2014 12:37 pm

My daughter uses Almay products and they cover up her marks really well and have never made her break out. But as a previous poster said what works for one person may not work for another (frustrating I know!). Good luck.

MemberMember
(@onedforever143)

Posted : 05/01/2014 7:18 pm

haha thank you guys!! but since I have A LOT of hyperpigmentaion spots, I wanna try seeing if they disappear in six months or so..so then I can start using the Almay for covering up a few spots thanks!!