Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

here are some products that dont work i thought i would share this as it might help not wasting loads of money on different products that dont work. (like i have) :lol:

oxy face wash (sensitive)

johnsons clean and clear face wash

johnsons clean and clear cleanser

boots baby soap

johnsons baby soap

neutrogena cleansing bar

the body shop tea tree cleanser

the body shop tea tree toner

IMO , acne washes do not really work , most of them contain a lot of alcohol and if they have BHA or AHA , the ph if very high so they are useful . Plus all of hem are very ,very harsh so they make the skin worst .

i stopped using all kinds of special face washes, cleansers etc and now just use water and my skin is never dry or blotchy any more.

All that stuff just caused mor damage to my skin and was a complete waste of money. Maybe they work for some people. Not me.

yeah, water does the job coz it doesnt really dry your skin out so it doesnt make it produce more oil to compensate (causing spots). i recommend u try it for a few weeks and see.(wash ur face about once a week with a gentle cleanser, but maybe twice if ur face is greasy)

Well barbie....that isn't the best way to go about it. Cuz products that work for you may work for others. The question is "what percentage does this product usually work for?" My guess is that most products work for about 10 - 20 percent of the people who use them. Like proactive did shit for me...but i've heard lots of people comment how well it worked for them. As far as I know, accutane has the biggest percentage, working for the majority of the people who take it.

-Shawn-

Guest fatman_uk

I agree, the title should have read, 'Products that didn't work for ME.'.

I've had great success with stayin clear usin the Neutrogena bars, tho the acne/prone skin version is a bit over drying.

-Gaz

Even better Gaz. "What products that didn't work for ME!" Maybe I should make a list of mine....nahhh, lol, it would be soooooo long. Accutane is the only thing that has TRULY worked wonders for me so far.

-Shawn-

Guest fatman_uk

I'd guess around 90%, judging by a poll a few months ago.

Plus, it depends if u means 'worked' as in reduced acne, or 'worked' as in cleared their face.

-Gaz

I meant worked as in cleared their face. I have only mild acne now thanks to Roaccutane but I won't rest until my face is completely clear. How bout u, gaz :?: Did it work for u? 90% is damn good results - I'm surprised more ppl don't know about this website

kragvark,

why don't you search the site for the poll that Gaz is mentioning was only a few weeks back - and people often gave descriptions of their results. I've been on the Regimen for 3 months...I have had maybe 2-3 teensy "can hardly even call it a spot" kinda spots in the first 6 weeks. I think you could call me 100% clear.

i am so sorry that i wrote a title that you thought was stupid, (cos i missed for me off the end) i was only trying to be helpful. dont be so picky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

hmm

Phisoderm Facial Wash SUCKS. It makes yoru skin SOOO oily. It doesn't work at all, and it BURNS your eyes.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin SPF 15 makes your skin really oily and broke me out. I use NuSkin Moisture Restore SPF 15 now :evil:

Here's what didnt work for me:

salicylic acid: hideous, scaly allergic reaction, plus more zits.

AHA's: similar effect to SA, but not so bad.

tea tree oil: nice, cool 'doing something' feeling but did nothing to prevent acne. Seemed to clear up existing zits faster (but maybe my imagination)

retinol: partial clearing

clearasil washes: allergic reaction

zinc: helped heal, but no good as preventative.

Thanks Francis - I did search for that Poll. Its definitely very encouraging :evil: . I know its a bit lame to let those zits get the better of me but I'm sure my confidence levels will increase considrably once I have clear skin. At the moment I'm just trying to condition my skin to the BP

Jules

I always incorporate S.Acid, it works AMAZING (for me). it clears all my pores, gives me smoother skin, and more vibrant. I use Neutrogena Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent. But, I knwo a lot of ppl with BAD reactions to S.Acid :evil:.

Oh another thing that didnt work too well, Clean and Clear Continuous Control Daily Acne Cleanser 10% BP.

Products that didn't work for me:

Retin-A

Clean and Clear moisturizer w/ salycilic acid

Phisoderm

Murad Complex

ProActiv

sex (this is the one that I tried persistently with no results in my skin)

Just kiddin'

Products that didn't work for me:

Retin-A

Clean and Clear moisturizer w/ salycilic acid

Phisoderm

Murad Complex

ProActiv

sex (this is the one that I tried persistently with no results in my skin)

Just kiddin'