Notifications
Clear all

Using The Regimen Or Aha+ After I've Been Using 5% Bp?

MemberMember
(@miiaaoos)

Posted : 04/23/2014 5:31 pm

Hey guys,

So I started getting acne when I was about 16 or 17 and I'm 20 now. I get those big deep painful pimples, but they're not cysts. They're mostly on my chin and occasionally higher up on the sides of my face. I usually only have one or two at a time but they leave marks that make my skin look worse than it actually is. I went on doxycycline a few summers ago, and it worked for about 3 months until my acne slowly started to come back until it was back to its original state. I'd never used BP before but discovered Obagi clenziderm benzoyl peroxide (5%) the fall of 2012 and it worked miracles for my skin and cleared most of it up with the exception of a zit here and there sometimes. It worked great up until a few months ago and my skin seems to be getting used to it, which I didn't know was possible. I've moved up to using it once in the morning and once in the night about a month ago but they still seem persistent, but still not as bad as it was before I started using the lotion. Also, my face is a bit dried out from the increase in use currently, the flakiness comes and goes.

I went to the derm and got prescribed minocycline so I'm hoping this will help for a bit until I can take a break from using BP altogether and hopefully break down that resistance? This stuff worked so well for so long, so I'm disappointed that my skin got used to it. In the meantime I wanted to try using something else since my current BP isn't working as it used to. Would the regimen's AHA lotion be helpful? Or maybe I could use this opportunity to try the regimen itself since it's only 2.5%?

Has anyone had experiences with their skin getting used to BP? How long does it take to get rid of the resistance? Also, is AHA+ effective in place of BP? Would the regimen still work if my skin is already used to a concentration that's twice as strong? Any thoughts would be much appreciated :)

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/24/2014 6:43 pm

aha is effective with bp , the regimen works well and wont cause flakiness or dry your skin out depending on how much you apply