Notifications
Clear all

What Kind Of Scars Are Theses And How To Treat?

MemberMember
(@joey2486)

Posted : 04/23/2014 4:58 pm

Hey, I am new to the forums. My name is Joey. I was wondering what kind of scars are they, are they really bad or not so bad? How long would it take it to go away? I also was on accutane and i finished it about 6months ago. Right now i only been apply lemon to try to get rid of the redness and scaring. Please help

post-392202-0-31305900-1398290254.jpeg

post-392202-0-40204200-1398290260.jpg

post-392202-0-31305900-1398290254.jpeg

post-392202-0-40204200-1398290260.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 04/23/2014 7:43 pm

the good news is your skin tone is even, so you don't have hyperpigmentation to deal with- that makes it so much easier on the eyes

if you have money, do a few fraxel laser treatments, if you don't then look into rolling yourself on owndoc.com

MemberMember
(@joey2486)

Posted : 04/23/2014 8:39 pm

How long do you think it would take to go away if i don't do any of that? Also is putting lemon on my face going to help it out at all?

MemberMember
(@savvylemming)

Posted : 04/23/2014 8:54 pm

No. Might help a little with redness but wont do a thing for indentation. Look into laser or dermarolling, research lots before doing anything at all.

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 04/24/2014 7:41 am

Hey, have you tried using a silicone cream or sheets? It looks like you still have a bit of redness and when that goes I think any scarring you have left with not be noticeable. I have had the most success with my redness and scars since I started putting moisture back in to my skin. Make sure you use a good moisturiser that your skin can tolerate, I'm not sure if you are in the UK, but I use E45 cream at nights, it's an emollient but it doesn't break me out. I have also started using remescare, it is a new silicone scar treatment you can get it in Boots (uk store) in a stick format that you apply to the skin, I have been using this once or twice a day after moisturising and I have notice a bit difference in my redness and texture. I also use Differin it is a mild retinoid gel, like retin a but much milder, I used it initially for my acne but it also help to mildly exfoliate the skin which can help with red marks, some people do get dryness at first and maybe breakout, so if you do decide to use a retinoid, get a gentle one and try it out a few nights a week to see if your skin can tolerate it, and make sure to moisturise before or after, I find before helps my skin keep more moisture, I just wait about and hour or so before I put on the differin. Also make sure you are using a moisturiser with spf during the day and try and not be in the sun for too long. I hope all this makes sense, but time also heals redness, I know six months seems like forever, but I am almost at a year and to be honest it's only been in the last four months or so I have seen the biggest difference in redness so be patient, I know it is hard but once your skin had time it will heal at it's own rate. Please do not rush in to things like lasers, I have researched this and to be honest it seems like they can be unpredictable and unless you have sever scarring ( which you do not!) I would just let you skin take time and be gentle to it. You're young and it will get better :)

Also, stop using lemon, I know some people swear by it. but it is very acidic it works ok on maybe a small patch of redness but overall it is probably irritating your skin which might make your redness seem worse than it is, a good moisturiser (see my earlier post) and if you wanted to use an exfoliator (which lemon is) maybe try a gentle salicylic acid or lactic acid they are the most gentle when using a low %