Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide Irritating My Skin, But Works?

MemberMember
(@lezane)

Posted : 04/23/2014 9:48 am

OK so i have been stared using benzoyl peroxide 5% gel for a month now and I have been getting this really itchy skin and its red. It stared about when I was in my 3rd week of using it. it look like sun burn but it was really itchy and so after couple of days the redness was gone and i started using it again last week I started iching and my skin look really bad. Benzoyl peroxide is the only thing that works me. I don't know what to do use benzoyl peroxide and have very itchy skin or go without and have acne? if there is anyone out there with advise that would be great.

Thanks

Lezane.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 04/23/2014 5:59 pm

I experienced the same. That's an allergic reaction to it,and sorry,it will keep happening every time you use it. Anyways use it as a spot treatment,don't apply it to your whole face.

I think benzoyl peroxide to the whole face is awful.

MemberMember
(@ashaleyyy101)

Posted : 04/24/2014 12:56 am

I was the same!! But I really believe there is a treatment without it, you just have to find it :)

If you read my blog about how i cleared my skin, thats the best advice I could give you. (easier than typing it again)

Xx

MemberMember
(@lezane)

Posted : 04/24/2014 2:07 am

Thanks for the advise, I will try to get the 2.5 benzoyl peroxide gel, see if it does not work better and only use is as they spot treatment!! I haven't had a bad break out since the last time I used benzoyl proxide. I do have super sensitive skin so I don't know if i use other products from the range it is would make is worse or not. luckely there is alot of products out there that works just have to find them ..