Notifications
Clear all

Aha Or Bha?

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 04/23/2014 8:58 am

I know the regimen recommends AHA but Ive been reading...

AHAs are preferred for sun-damaged and dry skin because they exfoliate on the surface of skin and have the added benefit of also improving moisture content.

BHA is preferred for oily, acne-prone skin and for treating blackheads and white bumps because BHA can get through the oil that's clogging your pores, normalizing the lining of the misshapen pore that contributes to acne.

So im just wondering as BHA is targeted towards oily/acne prone skin why the regimen uses AHA?

And what is the use of the AHA in the regimen?

Just trying to make sense of it all thanks :)

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 04/23/2014 9:50 am

I like AHA the best and it keeps my skin the clearest as well as taking spiro daily too. i find that AHA works well with BP so if get a zit that comes up I apply AHA and let it dry and then put the bp over it and in a few days its gone.

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 04/23/2014 8:54 pm

I think through Dans own experience he found that AHA worked better on the regimen, it's probably more compatible with BP. Somewhere on the website he talks about BHA and I believe he thinks it may be more harsh on the skin and just doesn't seem to work as well. I'm pretty sure acne.org even sold BHA awhile back but it was discontinued.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 04/25/2014 12:07 am

I think that it is because your skin tends to get dry on the regimen, and AHA helps you out with that. It doesn't make sense to use use BHA if your face is dry, like it is on the regimen.

MemberMember
(@courtz)

Posted : 04/28/2014 10:19 am

People experience results with both really, however in my case BHA was too strong. Even AHA was a little strong to begin with, and caused some breakouts, but now it's fab. Give both a go

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 04/28/2014 12:57 pm

Okay I understand now thanks for your advice! Ive bought some AHA from Paulas Choice so I will see how it goes.