Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NikiTaylor

Your Experiences With Cystic Acne

How long does it normally take cystic acne to go away? I have 4 cysts under my skin and they've been there for 2 months now. /: what are your experiences? Did any of yours last that long? What finally made them go away?

i have tried to wait some of mine out when i was younger and they never went away so i just went and got cortisone shots to get rid of them. i think the longer they are around the better a chance of a scar of some sort. are you not able to get injections?

Using benzoyl peroxide, chemical exfoliaters and manual exfoliaters help my cysts go away faster, but to be honest, if I can see even a slight head on it I will use a sterilized needle to pop it. Goes away fast after that. I used to go to my dermatologist to get cortisone shots but after the last time I did that I had an atrophy for 4 months, that was way worse than any acne could be. Everyone's skin is different, I've never gotten a scar from any cyst/nodule or from popping.

Edited by melmel87

I just recently purchased the buffering lotion from Mario badescu. I saw a few reviews on it on you tube. It's made for cystic acne. I can't report how well it works on cystic acne because I haven't had one pop up yet but I'm sure it will soon. I get them pretty often. Anyways I did have a pimple coming up yesterday just starting to form and I put some of the buffering lotion on it and right now it's almost gone. Normally if I get a pimple i pop it and then it grows into a big open mess that takes at least a week to clear. I purchased it at ulta by the way. Good luck. I feel your pain.