Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FSP

Probitoic Use Acne Worse

Within the last few months i started a course of different strains of probiotic, within the last few weeks my acne has got worse and the breakouts are different from normal. They are small tiny pimples with a white puss head. I am taking the probiotic for what i believe candida and digestive problems.

Should i continue using the probiotic? is it just a 'die off reaction' or a reaction to the supplement.

The pimples are quite serious as they are leaving small scars with a hole left when the pimple has cleared.

Help appreciated Thanks

I don't know if probiotics would be it. What are you taking? It could be you're diet if it's not the probiotics. I have been taking trubiotics for a month and a half and I haven't noticed anything new.

I took a high dose of a probiotics like billion strain two months ago and it ruined my skin. bad breakouts and cystic under the skin bumps...just don't take too much. I think I took too high a dosage

Ive been using one with 50 billion live cultures for about month. I have yet to see any negative effects. Although I am also on amoxicillin so it might counteract any effect it might have on acne. As far as I know probioitcs shouldnt give you spots, in some cases it might also prevent bad bacteria from colonising.SInce everyone is different , if you feel it gives you spots try reducing it?. To maybe a couple hundred thousand cultures? See if that helps.

I've been taking 10 billion multi strain strength. These are the different types in the supplement. Probably been taking it for over 2 months.

Bifidobacterium bifidum HA-132 6.0x108 CFU Bifidobacterium breve HA-129 2.5x109 CFU Bifidobacterium longum HA-135 7.0x108 CFU Lactobacillus acidophilus HA-122 8.0x108 CFU Lactobacillus paracasei HA-196 2.1x109 CFU Lactobacillus rhamnosus HA-111 2.7x109 CFU Lactobacillus rhamnosus (B) HA-114 5.0x108 CFU Lactobacillus salivarius HA-118

Edited by kcg