Notifications
Clear all

Massage For Indented Scarring

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/22/2014 11:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I have acquired a couple new scars from a recent hormonal break out. There is one scar that is a boxcar/icepick and one that is a rolling scar. In addition to those two scars, I have one scar from a year ago from a hormonal breakout that is a boxcar. I have read many forums that talk about aha's and needling, but i am too scared to go through with needling because it seems to risky. I am going to see if there is a massaging technique that will work to break up scar tissue and promote collagen. The body is supposed to get rid of scar tissue eventually,but because most of our bodies are not as efficient as they should be they dont. So by breaking up scar tissue and promoting blood circulation i believe scars will slowly but surely dissapate. I will update you soon. Leave any helpful comments below

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/23/2014 2:04 am

Topic moved to scars and red marks treatment forum

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/23/2014 4:35 am

Hello everyone,

I have acquired a couple new scars from a recent hormonal break out. There is one scar that is a boxcar/icepick and one that is a rolling scar. In addition to those two scars, I have one scar from a year ago from a hormonal breakout that is a boxcar. I have read many forums that talk about aha's and needling, but i am too scared to go through with needling because it seems to risky. I am going to see if there is a massaging technique that will work to break up scar tissue and promote collagen. The body is supposed to get rid of scar tissue eventually,but because most of our bodies are not as efficient as they should be they dont. So by breaking up scar tissue and promoting blood circulation i believe scars will slowly but surely dissapate. I will update you soon. Leave any helpful comments below

Firstly the body isn't supposed to get rid of scar tissue eventually. Where did you hear that?

Massaging may help for scars. But are you saying you only have an icepick/boxcar and one rolling? Would two small scars really bother you?

I have been using stri-vectin cream and massaging it in for 15 minutes where my scars are every second day for about half a year now. While i don't think it has improved my scars much, it has improved my overall skin softness/smoothness and tone a good bit.

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/23/2014 2:22 pm

I mean vigorous massage, not just like massaging oil in.

Scar tissue is supposed to shed alike the skin ideally, but it does not happen because of our diets, etc thats why scar tissue remains while the rest of the skin sheds

"The most primitive yet effective technique for removing a scar is rubbing. Yes, it is possible to rub a scar off your body. Of course, this process is time consuming, laborious, slow to take effect but does indeed work. Scar tissue is simply dead or dormant skin cells that have been damaged and thus are impermeable to blood flow. By constantly rubbing scarred skin, the elastic collagen rich

tissue can be broken down and will allow blood to flow."

"Scar tissue is a mass of "emergency" tissue that develops in order to prevent an open wound or infection in the body. Many people have scar tissue which just won't go away. However, this is incorrect maintenance. A perfectly healthy body will push even the worst amount of scar tissue out of its system within three months. If your scar tissue is lasting longer than that, it's time you learn how to replace it with healthy, normal tissue."

"In unhealthy bodies, or bodies which do not eliminate properly, the blob of scar tissue remains in one place, unchanging, while the normal tissue moves around it and layers out of the body like normal. Improper elimination of scar tissue can be the result of many different causes or combinations of causes, including but not limited to: poor blood circulation, dehydration, toxic overload, lack of sleep and lack of relaxation or exercise.

1. Circulation. Make the scar tissue feel very unwelcome by constantly rubbing it and massaging it. If it itches or starts to itch, that's a healing itch, so only scratch it until it feels better, but don't allow it to bleed. Stimulate the gathering of white blood cells around the scar tissue to move it on out by getting in the habit of rubbing it constantly."

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/23/2014 6:00 pm

I mean vigorous massage, not just like massaging oil in.

Scar tissue is supposed to shed alike the skin ideally, but it does not happen because of our diets, etc thats why scar tissue remains while the rest of the skin sheds

"The most primitive yet effective technique for removing a scar is rubbing. Yes, it is possible to rub a scar off your body. Of course, this process is time consuming, laborious, slow to take effect but does indeed work. Scar tissue is simply dead or dormant skin cells that have been damaged and thus are impermeable to blood flow. By constantly rubbing scarred skin, the elastic collagen rich

tissue can be broken down and will allow blood to flow."

"Scar tissue is a mass of "emergency" tissue that develops in order to prevent an open wound or infection in the body. Many people have scar tissue which just won't go away. However, this is incorrect maintenance. A perfectly healthy body will push even the worst amount of scar tissue out of its system within three months. If your scar tissue is lasting longer than that, it's time you learn how to replace it with healthy, normal tissue."

"In unhealthy bodies, or bodies which do not eliminate properly, the blob of scar tissue remains in one place, unchanging, while the normal tissue moves around it and layers out of the body like normal. Improper elimination of scar tissue can be the result of many different causes or combinations of causes, including but not limited to: poor blood circulation, dehydration, toxic overload, lack of sleep and lack of relaxation or exercise.

1. Circulation. Make the scar tissue feel very unwelcome by constantly rubbing it and massaging it. If it itches or starts to itch, that's a healing itch, so only scratch it until it feels better, but don't allow it to bleed. Stimulate the gathering of white blood cells around the scar tissue to move it on out by getting in the habit of rubbing it constantly."

I don't mean to be rude, so please don't take it personally when i say this. But where on earth are you quoting this rubbish from? You're saying that the reason scars don't go away is because of our diet and that "healthy bodies" get rid of scars in under 3 months? Every single person who has ever had scars must be unhealthy in that case. The cold hard truth is that once scar tissue forms, you will never have the normal skin tissue you used to have there ever again. Scars can be greatly improved with treatments and time, but the actual scar tissue will always be there.

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/23/2014 7:04 pm

If you look up online about massaging scar tissue, there is evidence it makes a huge difference

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/23/2014 9:20 pm

there is no evidence it will work on indented scars and if there is , link it because i couldnt find one

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/23/2014 11:16 pm

Thats one example

Massage can get rid of scar tissue on face

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/24/2014 3:23 am

Panos is that you?

Scar tissue does not shed away. It has been shown that massage may help soften hard, hypertrophic scars but will do jack for indented scarring.

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/24/2014 9:09 am

I believe it can help indented scarring over a period of time. But it has to be a more vigorous massage to aid in breaking up scar tissue and promote further circulation and it needs to be done regularly.

If you really research it, there are some people to say it worked for them.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/24/2014 1:30 pm

bro ... its a stitch scar ofc it gonna heal on its own and go away thats pretty different from a acne indented scar

and honestly i dont think thats enough evidence imo

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/24/2014 2:18 pm

The doctor said she would need plastic surgery to fix it and instead she massaged it even tho he said it would do nothing.

I think its better to try massage first than to try something more risky.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/24/2014 6:41 pm

The doctor said she would need plastic surgery to fix it and instead she massaged it even tho he said it would do nothing.

I think its better to try massage first than to try something more risky.

it took her atleast 6 months or more

i doubt its gonna work but if you believe 1 blog with no rating 1 reply from 2012 go ahead and do it good luck lol

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/24/2014 9:26 pm

Thanks

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 04/25/2014 12:05 am

blondette007 it seems like you have done little to no research, other than your 1 website your found with a success story. there is many people on this site including myself who have spent countless nights and hours researching dozens of evidence and cases.

what you are saying not only sounds like something from a fairy tale. it also makes your look ignorant and stubborn. the other members provided no facts, but strong counter arguments, only to have you reply with your rubbish. please do more research yourself , or ask a question if you dont know something.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/25/2014 9:20 am

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/25/2014 12:10 pm

There are more success stories with massage, but thats the only one with provided pictures.

I have researched.

Needling seems to work for some and not for some others. In fact some people say its worse. I would rather do something less invasive than something more risky. Everyone does not think anything natural can work.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 04/25/2014 2:08 pm

There are more success stories with massage, but thats the only one with provided pictures.

I have researched.

Needling seems to work for some and not for some others. In fact some people say its worse. I would rather do something less invasive than something more risky. Everyone does not think anything natural can work.

i am all for natural. i have been doing the masssage on my indented scar every night for months. but i believe better results are seen with combined methods. i do needling every 2 months, yes its risky, but if you educate yourself about it through alot of research, you can minimize the risk, and yield good results.

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/25/2014 2:24 pm

Is scratching scar tissue bad? Or will it cause new skin to come up?

Or

I read a post that said someone dried out all of there new acne scars and after multiple times of doing this they got rid of them?

What do u think

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/28/2014 8:33 pm

An update:

One night i got carried away and started scratching my individual scars with tweezers to the point where the skin was raw, not bleeding

After a day a scab formed over it with like dry flaky skin

I left the scab till it was ready to come off and the scars look much less jagged and are much shallower

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/28/2014 10:28 pm

i think you are sabotaging your skin , you need to stop and think if what you are doing is really safe because it seems you tend to believe everything online when you see a picture

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 04/29/2014 12:04 am

LOL! Don't feed the troll folks.

I really think the same member starts these ridiculous threads just to create drama on the board.

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/29/2014 9:27 am

My skin is healed fine

It looks better than it did before

I was careful

Im not going to do it again though becuz i am satisfied

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/29/2014 10:23 am

My skin is healed fine

It looks better than it did before

I was careful

Im not going to do it again though becuz i am satisfied

your scars cant heal after a 1-2 day scab

this thread has so many flaws lol

to the members on this board trying to get rid of there scars avoid this

MemberMember
(@blondette007)

Posted : 04/29/2014 11:47 am

The scab was there for a week. What i did was similar to the idea of dermabrasion, but keep in mind they were relatively new scars. Becuz the skin was hurt it forced it to create new skin. I never said it completely got rid of the scars.. It reshaped them and slightly filled them in.

.. To be more aesthetically pleasing

In addition to that it may have just worked for me.. Im almost 19 so my skin may heal better