Notifications
Clear all

Posting Daily Retin-A (Tretinoin) Log

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 04/22/2014 3:36 pm

Update:

It has been 26 days since I started Retin-A, and I am sorry I am late to the party. I have been on Accutane before and my dermatologist has advised I move onto Retin-A to maintain my skin.

My thoughts so far on Retin-A have been positive. I definitely did get the initial breakout but it went away pretty quickly and my face is a lot more calmer. I am applying it every night on top of my moisturizer and I think that helps with the flakes and dryness. Initially, I did get flakes but now I do not. Face is redder than when I was not using Retin-A, but cannot really tell.

I decided to do this daily log because I am hoping (as long as it works!) to take this for the rest of my life, and I want to jot down how it goes. I will check in daily and keep updating the log as much as possible.

My skin type is combo, acne prone, possibly dehydrated. After Accutane, I would my skin is fairly under control but I am still prone to mild acne. Keeping my fingers crossed for Retin-A sealing the deal.

If you have questions or comments, post away~

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 04/22/2014 7:05 pm

That's great yunchang! Ive been on retin-a for over 10 years now and I love it !! Not only does it help with acne but with wrinkles yay lol that's a plus for me since im in my 40's. I hope you have continued success with the retin-a !!! :)

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 04/23/2014 4:04 pm

Thank you Valerie~

I bet you don't have any redness or flaking after taking it for 10 years =P

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 04/23/2014 5:22 pm

At first I had tons of redness but no flakes....I started off using it every night but that was too much for my skin to handle so I went down to every other night for a few weeks then back to every night and that helped a lot!! Im using Neutrogenas Sensitive Skin Moisturizer and I exfoliate once a day :)

yunchang liked
MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 04/23/2014 10:05 pm

im glad to hear that you got used to the side effects! hopefully i do too. my face is definitely tighter.

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 04/24/2014 6:54 am

I think once your skin adjusts to the retin-a you wont feel that tightness as much :) Feel free to message me any time if you have any questions :)

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 04/25/2014 12:27 pm

It's been nearly a month since I first started, my thoughts so far:

Face is definitely more red, dry, and flaky. I had my initial breakout very early on and I still have blemishes on my face. No cysts, but inflamed zits, hopefully calming down now. redness makes my skin look blotchy. My skin does look worse but I am in this for the long haul! Hopefully I have better news next time. take care y'all.

Oh and i might just use it once every other day for awhile to battle the dryness, however, I am worried that will delay things.

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 04/26/2014 3:18 pm

Update:

Day 30 - Face feels tight and dry. Skin is blotchy. Few breakouts that are creating pih marks as they come up. But all of them are pretty small and nothing is forming into anything serious. It just sucks that they leave red spots. Most of my acne is concentrated on my right cheek, not sure why. I still have a slight red tint to my face. Face is not peeling anymore, rarely flakes.

It's a real struggle. I fee like I am on Accutane all over again.

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 04/27/2014 12:48 pm

Wow, I can honestly say I hate my skin right now. Kinda wish I did not start this treatment. I know that I am only 1 month in, but I already want to quit. Please work faster!

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 04/28/2014 8:23 pm

Face feels much better since I started taking it every other night instead of nightly. hopefully it is just as effective!

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 04/30/2014 12:24 am

Still alive!

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 05/01/2014 1:42 pm

Update: everything is dying down. thank god!

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 05/04/2014 1:22 pm

wow. so much redness!!!! the acne is very small but it makes the surrounding area red and then leaves.

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 05/16/2014 11:41 pm

sorry I have not updated in a long time! I am in love with tretinoin right now! pores are tighter, PIH is dissolving, and my acne is...uh I have none! ZERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank god I stuck with it.!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/17/2014 8:30 am

Did you have acne before going on retin A (i know you said that you were on accutane before starting). If so, how bad? How was your IB?

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 05/17/2014 8:53 pm

http://imgur.com/5mYGrUt,PYCSOFQ,s0mWu6x

my skin in two weeks!

Did you have acne before going on retin A (i know you said that you were on accutane before starting). If so, how bad? How was your IB?

Yes I had mild to moderate and highly persistent acne. Everyday I would get at least a spot. And now and then a moderate breakout. My IB on retin sucked hard. not as bad as others but it was bad for me since I never had that bad of a breakout before (even accutane IB is a joke compared to the IB i got on retin a). But I am so glad I stuck with this stuff! It is amazing.

MemberMember
(@duetbutton)

Posted : 05/21/2014 2:05 am

wow, your skin looks so good now! it's glowing (: congrats!

MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 05/30/2014 2:15 am

Update!

Sorry I have not been posting daily! But after about a week of clear skin, my skin broke out again. I got these tiny whiteheads in random places around my face. Sucks. But I think they are going away. I've been applying retin a every single night now....Wish me luck!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/30/2014 5:17 pm

retin a doesn't play nice. When i was on it, at week 10 i had one pimple and thought, 'wow, i'm turning a corner finally'. Yeah right! Be prepared to have up and down skin until at least 3-4 months in. From your last pics though, things look very promising.

stay positive

yunchang liked
MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 06/10/2014 5:00 am

retin a doesn't play nice. When i was on it, at week 10 i had one pimple and thought, 'wow, i'm turning a corner finally'. Yeah right! Be prepared to have up and down skin until at least 3-4 months in. From your last pics though, things look very promising.

stay positive

lmao you were so right! it is very very up and down! worst breakout I had in years. but now things are looking up again! this rollercoaster is a blast. haha

MemberMember
(@jj)

Posted : 11/19/2014 9:46 pm

stay positive

lmao you were so right! it is very very up and down! worst breakout I had in years. but now things are looking up again! this rollercoaster is a blast. haha

Any update yunchang? I'm about to start tretinoin and will be coming off my low dose tane in a couple of months.

yunchang liked
MemberMember
(@yunchang)

Posted : 11/23/2014 9:38 pm

So sorry that I have not updated for such a long time. But here is a pic of me now.

243 days on Retin A. Clindamycin and Azelaic acid is required for me.

I will let the pic speak for itself:

http://imgur.com/RdDIugt

MemberMember
(@mingikivi)

Posted : 12/08/2014 5:17 am

Wow, dude! That's amazing, what Retin-a has done! I'll try that.

MemberMember
(@fightzits0077)

Posted : 12/14/2014 7:23 am

So sorry that I have not updated for such a long time. But here is a pic of me now.

243 days on Retin A. Clindamycin and Azelaic acid is required for me.

I will let the pic speak for itself:

http://imgur.com/RdDIugt

how do you use Clindamycin & Retin A at the same time ?

[Edited]

Sorry, I thought Clindamycin was topical.

MemberMember
(@watwatwat)

Posted : 12/24/2014 9:42 am

hey you look great! were you able to control your oily skin? if so how did you do it? thanks! i'm on my 9th week on tretinoin. i used to have normal skin but ever since using it my face got oily.