Notifications
Clear all

Subscision Treatment

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/22/2014 7:21 am

Hi Guys, I've posted here before

I am getting Subscision treatment done this week on the below scars and just wanted some pre and post op advice on how to get the best results. Any advice is good.

Pic included to see what treatment is onpost-374044-0-18520300-1398169255_thumb.

post-374044-0-18520300-1398169255_thumb.

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/22/2014 7:55 am

Do "SUCTION"

After subcision for

2 weeks after on 2nd day after your subcision. This helps to prevent readhesion of scar tissues to skin layer

to give collagen a better chance to fill in. There is a suction device available on [Removed]

With directions to use.

GLTU

mr. matt liked
MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/22/2014 9:02 am

The full article for the subcision-suction method has been posted online! It includes details, like what instrument was used for suction, how many passes and how long the suction lasted, etc.

Link to article

Step 2: Suctioning period

Considering the recurrence period of subcised scars, our protocol for suctioning was: starting suction sessions on the 3rd day after subcision and continuing at least every other day for 2 weeks.

We explained to the patients about maximum scar re-depression from the 3rd to 10th day after subcision and the potential effect of having more frequent suctioning within this period on the outcome. Therefore, based on their possibility to come to the clinic, the patients could have different suctioning sessions in the first week of suction period: at least every other day or even daily. In the 2nd week, all patients had every other day suctioning.

Suction procedure. Suctioning was performed with a hand-piece of microdermabrasion device-Clair Derm Australia-(without crystal abrasion, with a 5 mm disposable nozzle) by a trained nurse, on the subcised scars, which had the same level as the skin or depressing. Suctioning was performed by both vertical and horizontal hand-piece motions non-traumatizingly.

In the beginning of suction period, elevated lesions were not suctioned until they became flat. On the first days, we used less negative pressure; but in the subsequent sessions, depending on the condition of scars, we could increase negative pressure (even to maximum: 70 mmHg), length of time (not more than 4 s in each pass) and the number of suctioning passes (even 812 passes) per session.

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/22/2014 5:44 pm

Hi Guys, I've posted here before

I am getting Subscision treatment done this week on the below scars and just wanted some pre and post op advice on how to get the best results. Any advice is good.

Pic included to see what treatment is onimage.jpg

What part of your face are the scars on? I don't think i can tell from the picture

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/23/2014 2:22 am

They are right cheek. So the side in photo.

Unfortunately i won't have time to get the suction device as its tomorrow and im away straight after to be away from everyone.

Do you think should still see improvements? Hopefully it will work and she said maybe to use fillers after.

Lee

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/23/2014 7:14 am

I think for your case, they can do a light subcision using the same needle on the syringe for the filler to create a pocket. Then they can fill the pocket with the filler to give you temporary improvement and also prevent the scar bands from reattaching. I think this should be a slam dunk if they inject correctly.

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/23/2014 10:58 am

You can also use the following for suction:

A vacuum cleaner which you will sterilize the tip with alchohol then cup your hand at end of to decrease suction

OR a snake bite extractor (which you would use basically the same as sarahs suction device on owndoc.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/23/2014 1:12 pm

I think for your case, they can do a light subcision using the same needle on the syringe for the filler to create a pocket. Then they can fill the pocket with the filler to give you temporary improvement and also prevent the scar bands from reattaching. I think this should be a slam dunk if they inject correctly.

Agreed.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/25/2014 4:39 pm

Had subscision now. Suprisingly very little swollen bruising on the face and noticed some improvement already.. The areas where I have the scars were hard before though under skin and still are, don't know if this means wasnt done properly? Was very quick perhaps 5 minutes.

Am now doing suction twice a day using the Hoover!

Thoughts?

post-374044-0-94209800-1398461944_thumb.

post-374044-0-94209800-1398461944_thumb.

mr. matt liked
MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/25/2014 8:14 pm

Looks really good.... Did they use filler too or just subcision?

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/26/2014 3:19 am

This is just subscision treatment. Should the results get better over time?

Can anyone advise why under skin feels hard where the scars are?

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/26/2014 5:41 am

Day 3 after treatment photo.post-374044-0-81326800-1398508857_thumb.

post-374044-0-81326800-1398508857_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 04/26/2014 12:31 pm

This is just subscision treatment. Should the results get better over time?

Can anyone advise why under skin feels hard where the scars are?

Yes, you should see improvement over the course of the next several weeks/months.

If you have 'bumps' under your skin, this should be a good sign - the NOKOR needle created trauma and a dermal pocket is formed in the area where blood, fibroblasts, and other healing agents will go to work creating collagen.

Hang in there - this is a good sign.

Matt

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/26/2014 1:06 pm

Hi Matt, the bumps were there before on the scar lines, it is tough under the skin like a grissle feeling material.. Always had it.

I actually have no lumps apart from the entry point of needle and that is only slight. No swelling atall either.. Think only a "10" needle was used?

Not sure what to do whether to go again or leave it for a while?

post-374044-0-92881900-1398535565_thumb.

As you can see Matt no lumps

post-374044-0-92881900-1398535565_thumb.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/26/2014 2:07 pm

If the lumps are palpable but not visible, then it's a good thing. That will act as a buffer to keep the top layer from reattaching again.

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/26/2014 2:49 pm

Honest advice guys do you think i should try more treatments or settle? Its not cheap to get all these done but im striving to get my original skin tone back..

One

Thing i am finding frustrating is the red lines of the scars, the colour makes them look worse?

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/26/2014 9:00 pm

That's really up to you.... Personally, I think your case is super minor and you could probably do 2-3 more subcisions and get decent results. At that point, you can reevaluate how you feel about the improvement. You certainly don't "need" to do anything.

Honest advice guys do you think i should try more treatments or settle? Its not cheap to get all these done but im striving to get my original skin tone back..

One

Thing i am finding frustrating is the red lines of the scars, the colour makes them look worse?

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 04/27/2014 2:48 am

im almost 2 months post subcision. and im seeing improvements daily. im so happy. had to boast with this comment. to the dude that just had it. keep taking vitamin C, massage the scar with a moisturizer. try to eat clean and exersize. you will be happy like i am in 2 months..

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/27/2014 4:53 am

Did you have bruising and swelling etc? As you can see i had none? From what I've read results only come if you have the after effects

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/27/2014 11:22 am

Just been talking this through with other half and think i will get another subscision by Dr Chu although slightly against another "Consultation appointment"

If that fails would laser treatment work?

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 04/27/2014 12:11 pm

I honestly can't see much scarring in your pictures. Based on that, I have to assume your scars are shallow and small in diameter. If so, I would expect the doctor to use a small needle and would not expect to see much bruising or swelling. I had light subcision done with filler and experienced no bruising. I don't think my scars were large or deep enough to cause bruising and the damage from subcision was so minor that I didn't produce scar tissue under the subcised area. Perhaps you should try it with a filler but be prepared for the results to be temporary.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 04/27/2014 1:41 pm

Did you have bruising and swelling etc? As you can see i had none? From what I've read results only come if you have the after effects

yeah i had swelling for only 2 days...but the bruising lasted up to a week, i wouldnt say any long than that though. i wish i had the suction thing at the time

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/27/2014 3:17 pm

Hi inspired, yeah it was quite minor i guess, only two small scar areas largest of which perhaps 5mm.. Have you had filler? How did you find it?

Hopefully you can see better in this photopost-374044-0-04941900-1398629816_thumb.

post-374044-0-04941900-1398629816_thumb.

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 04/27/2014 6:37 pm

Yes, I had light subcision and filler done on some small, shallow boxcars on my right cheek. I was pretty unhappy with the results. It over exaggerated the texture of my skin and looked bumpy. The scars were just too shallow. I also had it done on some wider indents on my left cheek and those looked smoother after a couple weeks but the improvement only lasted a few months. At $600 a session, I simply couldn't justify doing it again. For one thing, it doesn't change the texture of a scar, so I only temporarily improved the depth. Mr Matt had deep rolling scars with normal skin texture. His skin was deeply tethered. For his type of scarring, subcision works well. The smaller the scar, the less area a doctor has to work with. If the doctor causes too much damage, the scar can end up raised and outside the boundaries of your original scar. You might find this page helpful in understanding why smaller scars don't bruise and are difficult to improve with subcision:

http://georgeyangmd.com/facial-plastic-surgery/reconstructive-procedures/subcision-for-acne-scarring/#.U12Qrsvn8m8

MemberMember
(@leeman44)

Posted : 04/28/2014 6:12 am

Oh so does that mean i dont have any other options?

Are you able to tell me why it is sill different in colour also and why the surrounding area is so pale? That makes it stand out even more.