Notifications
Clear all

Can Anybody Help Me Out? This Problem Has Plagued Me For Years Now!

MemberMember
(@hockeystar17)

Posted : 04/21/2014 11:23 pm

I have been dealing with a problem for the past 4 years now. Basically, at anytime during the day, or night, I will get a red, itchy spot on my face. It starts out as a small, red bump that slightly resembles a tiny pimple. But after a few minutes, it starts to really itch almost like a mosquito bite. It then gets red around the area and sticks out like a sore thumb. Now, sometimes the itching can be on and off for an entire day, and sometimes it will completely go away after a hours, but when it does eventually subside, the redness around the spot does too, and after all is said and done there is a tiny "whitehead" sitting there, always. So, my question is, is this a common whitehead/ pimple issue? I have had acne/ zits/ pimples in my teenage years all throughout highschool, and NEVER have I had them itch like this. I have absolutely no idea what this is. I have even tried taking claritin thinking antihistamines could help resolve this because I figured maybe it was some kind of allergic reaction, but they still pop up randomly.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/21/2014 11:46 pm

i think its called irritation

MemberMember
(@hockeystar17)

Posted : 04/22/2014 12:01 am

do you think this is caused from dry skin? I have pretty dry skin, and I never moisturize, but I still don't really understand how that could cause these red itchy spots. Either way, would a moisturizer solve this?

MemberMember
(@tracy-b-cannon)

Posted : 04/22/2014 7:02 am

Put apple cider vinegar on it as often as you think about it and see what happens.

MemberMember
(@ibs1)

Posted : 04/22/2014 7:48 pm

^seconded for apple cider vinegar

MemberMember
(@hockeystar17)

Posted : 04/23/2014 11:25 am

I have already tried apple cider vinegar. Does anyone have any idea what this may be is more of my question. Would going to the Urgent Care and getting a random doctor to take a look at my face be of any help? Or would only a dermatologist know?

MemberMember
(@ashaleyyy101)

Posted : 04/23/2014 9:59 pm

I have already tried apple cider vinegar. Does anyone have any idea what this may be is more of my question. Would going to the Urgent Care and getting a random doctor to take a look at my face be of any help? Or would only a dermatologist know?

Could it be the products you are using now? If you feel like its serious I would go to a GP.

Although it sounds like irritation and you might need something to soothe it, like a really good moisturiser twice a day, morning and night.

I strongly suggest Goats Milk Moisturiser to everyone, because I found it works so extremely well compared to all the products I have used.

MemberMember
(@hockeystar17)

Posted : 04/24/2014 6:20 am

Could it be the products you are using now? If you feel like its serious I would go to a GP.

Although it sounds like irritation and you might need something to soothe it, like a really good moisturiser twice a day, morning and night.

I strongly suggest Goats Milk Moisturiser to everyone, because I found it works so extremely well compared to all the products I have used.

I actually don't use anything on my face because it gets so dry if I use any type of cleanser, even cerave which i have used on and off for the past few months. I don't get acne, and my face is actually pretty clear. My girlfriend thinks i'm nuts because I always complain about "one red itchy spot", but to me its extremely annoying and I will do anything to find out what the cause is and how to stop it. So far nothing has worked lol. However, I am almost positive that irritation is the true cause, as I always have a dry skin on my face, even though I only use water in the shower. I have tried moisturizers for only about a week at a time and I still get the itchy spots, but maybe I need to use them more extensively to really find out if that helps or not. Anyways, thanks for the replies everyone.

I also feel that if i go to the doctor/dermatologist, he will look at me and be like, well duh, your skin is going to itch because you have dry flaky skin. So truthfully, its probably a waste of money going that route.

MemberMember
(@ashaleyyy101)

Posted : 04/24/2014 6:43 am

On 4/24/2014 at 5:20 PM, hockeystar17 said:
On 4/24/2014 at 8:59 AM, ashaleyyy101 said:
On 4/23/2014 at 10:25 PM, hockeystar17 said:

I actually don't use anything on my face because it gets so dry if I use any type of cleanser, even cerave which i have used on and off for the past few months. I don't get acne, and my face is actually pretty clear. My girlfriend thinks i'm nuts because I always complain about "one red itchy spot", but to me its extremely annoying and I will do anything to find out what the cause is and how to stop it. So far nothing has worked lol. However, I am almost positive that irritation is the true cause, as I always have a dry skin on my face, even though I only use water in the shower. I have tried moisturizers for only about a week at a time and I still get the itchy spots, but maybe I need to use them more extensively to really find out if that helps or not. Anyways, thanks for the replies everyone.

I also feel that if i go to the doctor/dermatologist, he will look at me and be like, well duh, your skin is going to itch because you have dry flaky skin. So truthfully, its probably a waste of money going that route.

If you feel like thats what he is going to say you are probably right haha.

Im not sure what Cerave is but if your skin is decent I wouldnt use a cleanser anyway, more like a gentle soap-free wash.

I use this:

[Removed]

Or maybe you just need to find the right moisturiser thats super gentle.

Good luck!