Notifications
Clear all

Acne, Clogged Pores, Red Bumps Around And On Upper Lip Area And Chin. No Where Else!

MemberMember
(@turtleskewp)

Posted : 04/19/2014 9:17 pm

Hello,

I've had a problem with acne around my mouth (upper lip to the bottom of my nose area + chin and along rim of lips) for a long while now and it doesn't seem to be regular acne because the rest of my face is relatively clear. I've read other posts about upper lip and chin acne, but most suggest that it is the lip balm they are using, I've only been using Vaseline and I don't use lip gloss or lipstick so I don't think that's the problem. I have noticed big white heads to tiny clogged pores bunched up together, red bumps that don't have pus in them, some with pus, whiteheads around the corners of my mouth... The works. It's horrible and very difficult to deal with because they are so noticeable, especially when I stretch out my lip. I've had acne problems before, on my forehead and blackheads on my nose, but those are gone for the most part from Proactiv, but the lip acne seemed to stay. I'm one of those people who have tried everything, retinol face washes, creams, BP, Salicylic Acid exfoliation, face masks to no avail¦ Sometimes it'll go away (not completely, just to the point where there are no visible bumps) but then the bumps and everything will come right back.

Please, I'm desperate for a cure for this. If anyone has had similar problems and found a solution, please help a sista out!

I posted a picture of it, it's really bad, so don't open if you get grossed out easily.

post-391255-0-83220800-1397960230.jpg

post-391255-0-83220800-1397960230.jpg

MemberMember
(@peanutcm)

Posted : 04/27/2014 1:49 am

Is it possibly hormonal? Lots of times hormonal related acne presents on the chin or jawline.

MemberMember
(@libsy)

Posted : 04/28/2014 3:53 am

My most common areas are around my lips and chin which is really frustrating because it seems like the scarring lasts longer there. I'm sorry, I haven't found a cure either! I just let them be in that area, as I don't want it to scar. They eventually go away. Don't worry, stay positive! When I think my acne is ruining my life, I think of how it could be a lot worse. Good luck x

MemberMember
(@volleylover)

Posted : 06/05/2019 5:09 pm

Hello! I know this post is from 2014, but Im having a similar issue right now to you. Ive had this problem for a while and it went away when I used Rodan and Fields, but in the last three months, it has come back (still using Rodan and Fields) and Im not sure what to do. The acne medicine (got from my dermatologist recently) I use makes my upper lip super dry and hasnt helped, and then my makeup and skin gets peely in that area. Just wondering if you found anything that worked for it because this is the only type of acne that looks like mine. (I also have fairly clear skin besides my upper lip). If anyone knows anything, Id be willing to try it!

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/05/2019 9:03 pm

Volley etc.

This is most likely a fungal problem. Buy and apply clotrimazole antifungal cream (often sold as Canesten) to the affected area 2-3 times a day and it should go away. Do NOT apply any moisturisers or organic oils or antibiotics to the affected area as these will make the problem worse.

Do not apply benzolyl peroxide or salicylic acid to the affected area, as doing so will make the problem worse.

Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and some other meds - do NOT take antibiotics unless you have a serious bacterial infection.

Antiobiotics will make the problem worse and worse.

I am happy to hear back from you.

In the meantime, apply clotrimazole antifungal cream to the affected area 2-3 times a day and the problem should disappear in a week or a bit more.