Notifications
Clear all

Prom In One Week, Cyst On Right Cheek

MemberMember
(@sammyk458)

Posted : 04/19/2014 6:26 pm

Hello acne.org members!

I am a 17 year old male and my prom is in one week. I have a cyst on my right cheek that has been there for almost 3 and a half years and it still hasn't left. It has a little bit of rise to it, but it is mainly just a red mark now. For the past 2 or so years I have put on several different types of concealer a to try and hide it. Some have worked, but eventually stop working and instead look crusty and dry. I am currently using a cover girl under eye balm thingy, but it is just ok and if I am going to be slow dancing with my date I don't want her to see ANYthing. What kind of concealer could I use that I can get at a store for relatively cheap? And what kind of shade should I get? I'm not very knowledgeable about this kind if stuff, so any tips on this forum would be great!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/19/2014 8:16 pm

See if Visene or other redness removing eye drop makes the redness go away. For a temporary improvement

MemberMember
(@crab76)

Posted : 04/19/2014 10:34 pm

Dermablend is the best concealer. They use it to cover tatoos even. Not sure if they have Ulta where u live but thats where I get it.

Why don't you have your Derm inject the cyst since it's been there for so long? I've had cysts like that for YEARS and I wish I would have just had them injected.

Enjoy your prom! :)

MemberMember
(@sammyk458)

Posted : 04/20/2014 1:52 am

I'm got it injected twice when it formed a long time ago. My derm said that cortisone shots are for cysts that are inflamed and not just there

MemberMember
(@sky13)

Posted : 04/20/2014 11:36 am

The best concealer I would recommend is MAC Pro -Longwear Concealer its on the pricey side but it honestly works wonders on red marks. Make sure you get the concealer in an exact match to your skin tone as a lighter/darker shade will only draw more attention towards it. I know you said relatively cheap but in my experience when it comes to good coverage concealer a high price product such as this has always provided the most long-wearing coverage.

Also you could try a color corrector before the concealer, for redness a green color corrector is meant to neutralize the redness for example Loreal Nude Magique in green. Its sounds crazy applying a green cream but it honestly works!

I would apply the color corrector first to neutralize the redness then the concealer which will provide the best coverage of the red mark.

Any questions let me know!

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/20/2014 3:21 pm

Sorry, my iPad's autocorrect resulted in a post that made no sense. That was supposed to be Visene, or other redness removing eye drop.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/21/2014 8:26 am

I would be careful with what you try as it could make it more inflamed. Do only soothing anti inflammatory things like aloe Vera.

And turn your face a little to the left for the pictures, and otherwise, I say don't try to conceal it. Did you conceal it when you asked her out?

MemberMember
(@sammyk458)

Posted : 04/21/2014 11:35 am

Yes I did conceal it. I am mainly trying to have it look completely gone and not visible for when we slow dance with each other up close