Notifications
Clear all

Do You Need To Bleed When You Dermastamp/roll?

MemberMember
(@aurevoir771)

Posted : 04/18/2014 8:42 pm

I want to start with dermastamps or dermaroller for to hopefully fix ice pick scars and even out skin texture.

I know there is a debate on how much pressure you should apply when you use dermastamp or dermaroller.

That question ultimately boils down to do you stamp or roll your face until it bleeds or not.

I have used a 1.0 mm dermastamp in the past, but it is pretty tough to make my face bleed with just dermastamp.

Is bleeding necessary to damage skin to the right extent? I don't mind how long the downtime is as long as it is effective.

I would appreciate your input. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 04/18/2014 9:32 pm

According to Dr. Des Fernandes:

"Now, I would like to stress one very important point: what we are talking about here is skin needling that penetrates through the skin and is painful and causes bleeding. If no bleeding occurs, the treatment wont work."

Check out the 8th paragraph:

http://www.a2magazine.co.za/2013/03/needle-work-low-down-on-skin-needling.html

Eric98 liked
MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/18/2014 10:14 pm

You should see pinpoint bleeding with the longer needles. That said, it still didn't work for me (or not as much as I'd hoped) and I have shallow boxcars and rolling-type scars. Not sure it will do anything for ice picks. Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 04/18/2014 10:42 pm

• Post rolling, you might like to try beta glucan liquid with hyaluronic acid. This helps heal & restructure your skin.
  •  

Where can I buy it?

Has needling worked for you?

Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@panicjack)

Posted : 04/19/2014 5:07 am

Yes, a little bit of pinprick bleed marks are helpful. Copper peptides are also useful when rolling.

Extra suggestions:

• Post rolling, you might like to try beta glucan liquid with hyaluronic acid. This helps heal & restructure your skin.
  • Also, try the OCM (using rosehip oil). It's a great way to keep your skin supple & hydrated (key to healthy, scar free skin).
  • Lastly, after you have derma rolled for 6 month or more, look into using retin a (sparingly). I think this is a vital step in healing damaged/ uneven/ scarred skin texture. (For a less irritating version, look into retinaldehyde).

Did you get scarring too? Or you just give an advice?