Notifications
Clear all

What Are These Bumps On The Sides Of My Nose?

MemberMember
(@swagged)

Posted : 04/17/2014 6:34 pm

and how do I get rid of them? I use Simple Gel Face Wash, Cremo Moisturizer, and Silk Naturals 8% aha toner, all daily and I still get these bumps...

rhfyLk6l.jpg

td9rquRl.jpg

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/17/2014 6:36 pm

Just clogged pores, that area is prone to being oily so maybe try a BHA in that area to get rid of the sebum.

MemberMember
(@swagged)

Posted : 04/17/2014 6:48 pm

Just clogged pores, that area is prone to being oily so maybe try a BHA in that area to get rid of the sebum.

Could anyone of the products I'm using be clogging my pores, most of them are on the master 100% non-comedogenic list, I want to stop using whatever's clogging my pores...

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/17/2014 6:56 pm

I just went through all the ingredients in those products, that moisturizer contains algae extract, which is comedogenic. So that could be causing a problem. Avocado oil is slightly comedogenic too, which is in that moisturizer as well.

MemberMember
(@swagged)

Posted : 04/17/2014 7:31 pm

I just went through all the ingredients in those products, that moisturizer contains algae extract, which is comedogenic. So that could be causing a problem. Avocado oil is slightly comedogenic too, which is in that moisturizer as well.

So, I'm assuming the aha and the face wash are fine, are there any better moisturizers on the market, and ugh why would the moisturizer be on the master non-comedogenic list, so confusing...

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/17/2014 10:06 pm

So, I'm assuming the aha and the face wash are fine, are there any better moisturizers on the market, and ugh why would the moisturizer be on the master non-comedogenic list, so confusing...

Yeah the wash and aha looked fine. Where did you see that moisturizer listed? I checked the list dan recommends and did not see it on there. I use a cetahil moisturizer for acne prone skin. Has SPF in it though so not sure if you're avoiding spfs. Hard to find a good moisturizer that won't clog pores.

MemberMember
(@swagged)

Posted : 04/17/2014 10:48 pm

Yeah the wash and aha looked fine. Where did you see that moisturizer listed? I checked the list dan recommends and did not see it on there. I use a cetahil moisturizer for acne prone skin. Has SPF in it though so not sure if you're avoiding spfs. Hard to find a good moisturizer that won't clog pores.

It really is hard to find a good moisturizer...I seen the moisturizer listed here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blog/6821/entry-25564-from-master-100-non-comedogenic-list/

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/18/2014 8:57 am

It really is hard to find a good moisturizer...I seen the moisturizer listed here: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/blog/6821/entry-25564-from-master-100-non-comedogenic-list/

That original post was from 2012. Outdated. If you look at the updated ingredient list algae extract is a 5 on comedogenic (highly comedogenic) I wouldn't use many of the products listed. Best to avoid comedogenic ingredients, fragrances and parabans if possible.

MemberMember
(@swagged)

Posted : 04/22/2014 4:58 pm

That original post was from 2012. Outdated. If you look at the updated ingredient list algae extract is a 5 on comedogenic (highly comedogenic) I wouldn't use many of the products listed. Best to avoid comedogenic ingredients, fragrances and parabans if possible.

Ok, in my case would it make sense to use an oil free moisturizer to prevent the sides of my nose from being clogged?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/23/2014 9:13 am

Yeah, safer using oil-free

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 04/23/2014 8:58 pm

Cremo moisturizer would cause clogs for me. Do you need a moisturizer? For us acne prones it can be very difficult to find one that doesn't cause issues.