Notifications
Clear all

The Ugly Truth

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/17/2014 1:24 pm

I am in the mood today to write a post, hope not long, about the true expectations we should have when fighting acne.

Ladies and gentlemen, you have to accept your skin problem and be optimists about it. Consider that there are so many medical disorders, even fatal ones, but you just have....acne. I know that this is frustrating but its not the end of the world, especially when compared to other diseases. I was once told that i suffered from lupus, which was false, but it was then i realized that i would better be a pizza face than having anything else. Me first of all i get depressed when i see a new pimple coming, i try to find the best concealing way, but it is always there. When i gather myself i am thinkinking, so what? Whose face is perfect? Others have wrinkles, freckles, moles, I have acne. Maybe its the comforting way of thinking, but at least i feel better. And i have always been confident of my beauty. Admit it. There is no face ( or body) perfection. A trully gorgeous girl, Cassandra Bankson, has a serious acne problem, but that didnt kept her behind from winning the americas next top model show. Besides, you just realize she is a beauty in acne. Would it be better to have one eye, one ear, no nose. That would be repelling, not acne.

That doesnt mean we must give up on trying to put down that deamon. But we ought to have the conciousness that we may struggle our whole life with this. Nevertheless most women get rid of acne after their first birth. So, our weapons must be easy, simple and few. I find myself putting smth on my face all the time when i am at home. Is this sane? To waste so much energy, thinking and life just to diminish smth it will eventually come back?

I dont know if there is someone that has no acne anymore without using a thing, either supplement, cream or anything. If there is, first, congrats and second reply to this post!

Now the regimen part. I am totally convienced that this is all placebo and commerce. I am reading all the posts on the regimen forum and i make some results. First, there is much desperation to all of us until we get to the regimen start point. Second, i just read" go on "comments from the assistants, or ridiculus advice about using the products in front of a fan so as to be absorbed. This is not support guys, neither the truth. It is just selling and advertisment, and i hate when i see that. I use the regimen too, and i simply think it doesnt work for everyone. Just because there is no magic ingredient in the cleansing and moisturizer, and the bp is not for all faces. You get irritated, flaked, red, broken out, but you are just suggested to " hang in there". WHY? Only for selling? And you just buy it? Face it guys. I have asked a doctor, a really good one, about the drug, birth control pills,and cream uses and he told me that everything used is proven harmful in long way use. Even the vitamins. You fix a problem and you burst another. So, does it worth to use the bp, the salicylic acid, and other active ingredients to just make your face sensitive, prone to sunburn and skin cancer in order to fight pimples and cysts that keep coming up when you even loosen ?

I wish all of you the best with your acne. After trying so many cures and reading so many instructions of how to fight acne i only have to say that it will be a part of ourselves and we should try to use plain harmful stuff to keep acne in controlling terms, wishing that one day will just abandon us!

MemberMember
(@jimsport)

Posted : 04/17/2014 7:50 pm

Did you say you have tried accutane?

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 04/17/2014 8:14 pm

i think the same way as you. I think acne is a business. Some products work but they are all temporal and most of them may damage something else permanently / temporal in your body and skin. Acne is an stage,if your father or anybody else in your family had it and now haves clear skin without using anything,you will too.

Anyways your text really bumped me up thanks you.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/18/2014 1:01 am

Accutane is poison and i have never tasted it. But i have friends that took it and kept them clear for a while. When they stopped it... Back to acne. I would never risk my health and my future birth, just to get rid of acne

MemberMember
(@jimsport)

Posted : 04/18/2014 1:06 am

Accutane is poison and i have never tasted it. But i have friends that took it and kept them clear for a while. When they stopped it... Back to acne. I would never risk my health and my future birth, just to get rid of acne

Some people require a 2nd course to fully clear there acne, also the effects such as birth defect arent a problem after 12months, and they monitor you the whole time. Look up accutane on youtube its not so scary. The main side effects people have are usually dry lips which can cause a bit of a bloody nose and also joint pains, a good lipbalm, carry a tissue and take good multivitamins and enjoy being acne free.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/18/2014 6:11 am

I know everything about it. It causes permanent liver damage, and you are not supposed to have children even 3 years after stopping it. I am 34 and i dont risk it. Besides, my acne is mild to moderate, and has always been in that status. I am not an accutane case.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/18/2014 10:21 pm

This thread is more for people with mild acne but when someone has severe acne and scars your perspectives aren't fit for them

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/19/2014 12:45 am

This thread is more for people with mild acne but when someone has severe acne and scars your perspectives aren't fit for them

Cameron Diaz's filming was stopping because her make up artist couldnt cope with her acne. Have you seen her without make up? Far beyond from a severe case. Although, she is not only famous and succesful but desirable as well. Would you prefer to go for diolisis, for example, every other day?

My acne has been always moderate, but trust me, the feeling is the same for someone that has one zit, and one who is covered in cysts.

MemberMember
(@handsomedead94)

Posted : 04/19/2014 1:41 am

no man. thinking like that and the acne wins! the lifestyle changes to rid yourself of acne are things people without acne should do anyways! Lets see eat better, exercise, treat face skin like a million bucks. If everyone did this the USA would not have th bad reputation that it does. I am going to do 10 pushups right now to let the acne know IT CANT WIN I GOT EXERCISE AND BP SCREW YOU ACNE.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/19/2014 8:19 am

Why are u comparing acne with other disease ? Basically u just saying would u rather have this or that but it doesn't even matter because people are trying to treat there acne because it's hurting them emotionally and in this society it's important like u said about her movie clear skin is priceles

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 04/19/2014 9:38 am

I like that you are talking about the fact that acne can be a lifelong situation for many of us. I have had it all my life, but I have also found ways to control it all my life and live a normal, happy existence. It is possible.

What upsets me is the talk about Accutane causing birth defects years later. That is compete and utter bullshit, and if you are going to post complete bullshit like that, PLEASE INCLUDE SOME EVIDENCE. And good luck finding it.

I have used Accutane. I had a child a few years later, and THAT CHILD IS PERFECT.

Please don't scare people away from a life altering drug based on hearsay and total nonsense. That is cruel.

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 04/19/2014 12:06 pm

Accutane is fat soluble. Birth defects are caused by in utero exposure to isotretinoin. It would be possible for actuate to leech out of fat cells during a pregnancy. Exercising and a general active lifestyle would make this unlikely but it isn't complete utter bullshit.

Please don't blanket encourage people to take accutane. Best results occur for people with nodular acne. There are horrendous side effects that everyone should consider especially people with moderate/mild acne. For some perspective, accutane was previously used as a joint chemotherapy drug and provides great results for some types of brain cancer. People go on chemo because cancer can kill them. Few people will die from acne. Bringing us back to what the OP initially said.

I was wondering the other day. If there was one thing I could change about my body what would it be? Smarter? Stronger? Less hairy? Clear skin? Today I would probably take the clear skin. Nothing has held me back more in life than acne. But really all the acne did was sit on my face.

edit: hit enter a bunch of times with my elbow making post obnoxiously long

MemberMember
(@svoloch)

Posted : 04/19/2014 2:22 pm

Dude no offense, but Accutane is different for everyone it doesn't harm your body 100%, it depends on the body and your genetics. Honestly the only way you'll fix your acne is that drug. Try the lowest dosage 10mg or even 20mg, wont harm you in the long run. Don't believe everything you read on the internet regarding it. I've been on it for 3 months on 40mg and ive had no spikes in my blood test at all. Try it --- youll thank me later

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 04/19/2014 8:09 pm

Twosteps: I NEVER said that Accutane causing birth defects is bullshit. Please do not misquote me. I said that Accutane causing birth defects several years down the road AFTER your course is over is bullshit. Because it is.

MemberMember
(@anthonykell)

Posted : 04/20/2014 4:38 am

It's true. The other thing to remember about acne is that if you find the right routine, it can disappear, so keep trying and searching.

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 04/20/2014 6:50 pm

@svoloch @kim28 I took accutane, suffered side effects and did not see lasting results. There are thousands of people on this board who have taken accutane multiple times and still have acne. I don't want to argue accutane because it is here to stay. I would just encourage anyone who reads this to consider the type of acne they have before starting accutane and realize how terrible the side effects can be (go to webMD).

I agree with the OP about acne as a business. I stopped BP 6 months ago and recently stopped using cleansers entirely and my skin is better than it has been in the last 2 years. Fingers crossed.

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/22/2014 6:32 pm

I wish i had this mindset when i was told i should go on accutane when i was 16. I wish more than anything in the world i never went on that drug :(

Dude no offense, but Accutane is different for everyone it doesn't harm your body 100%, it depends on the body and your genetics. Honestly the only way you'll fix your acne is that drug. Try the lowest dosage 10mg or even 20mg, wont harm you in the long run. Don't believe everything you read on the internet regarding it. I've been on it for 3 months on 40mg and ive had no spikes in my blood test at all. Try it --- youll thank me later

I've highlighted two points that are conflicting. You're still on the drug(and only for 3 months too) and thus have no way of knowing that it has worked for you, yet you are saying that it's the only thing that will work? Again you've been on it for three months, so there's no way you could know if you've experienced any of the worst side effects yet.

MemberMember
(@jimsport)

Posted : 04/22/2014 8:46 pm

I wish i had this mindset when i was told i should go on accutane when i was 16. I wish more than anything in the world i never went on that drug

>Dude no offense, but Accutane is different for everyone it doesn't harm your body 100%, it depends on the body and your genetics. Honestly the only way you'll fix your acne is that drug. Try the lowest dosage 10mg or even 20mg, wont harm you in the long run. Don't believe everything you read on the internet regarding it. I've been on it for 3 months on 40mg and ive had no spikes in my blood test at all. Try it --- youll thank me later

I've highlighted two points that are conflicting. You're still on the drug(and only for 3 months too) and thus have no way of knowing that it has worked for you, yet you are saying that it's the only thing that will work? Again you've been on it for three months, so there's no way you could know if you've experienced any of the worst side effects yet.

Perigon do you have a thread with pictures ect, and indepth detail of your serious permanent side effects? Just curious as i notice you are anti-accutane. And must have had a terrible experience. I believe the side effects are just genetic, as not everyone has permanent side effects and the drug can do wonders for most people. Ever drug has serious side effects, all depending on the person, where as i believe this might be genetic.

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/23/2014 4:28 am

I wish i had this mindset when i was told i should go on accutane when i was 16. I wish more than anything in the world i never went on that drug

>Dude no offense, but Accutane is different for everyone it doesn't harm your body 100%, it depends on the body and your genetics. Honestly the only way you'll fix your acne is that drug. Try the lowest dosage 10mg or even 20mg, wont harm you in the long run. Don't believe everything you read on the internet regarding it. I've been on it for 3 months on 40mg and ive had no spikes in my blood test at all. Try it --- youll thank me later

Perigon do you have a thread with pictures ect, and indepth detail of your serious permanent side effects? Just curious as i notice you are anti-accutane. And must have had a terrible experience. I believe the side effects are just genetic, as not everyone has permanent side effects and the drug can do wonders for most people. Ever drug has serious side effects, all depending on the person, where as i believe this might be genetic.

I don't have a thread just for my side effects, but i have described them recently in another thread about accutane. I can't seem to find that thread ( posts on my profile only go back about 5 posts?), but briefly the main side effects were greatly reduced libido, scarring, eating became a chore rather than a joy and i'm almost certain i got some liver damage from it. That was only after the traumatic experience i had of being on it. Overall it completely changed me and my outlook on life, and while i've made some progress towards normality since being off it, I'm not sure if i'll ever reach it.

MemberMember
(@jimsport)

Posted : 04/23/2014 5:58 am

>397935322">

>Dude no offense, but Accutane is different for everyone it doesn't harm your body 100%, it depends on the body and your genetics. Honestly the only way you'll fix your acne is that drug. Try the lowest dosage 10mg or even 20mg, wont harm you in the long run. Don't believe everything you read on the internet regarding it. I've been on it for 3 months on 40mg and ive had no spikes in my blood test at all. Try it --- youll thank me

later

I don't have a thread just for my side effects, but i have described them recently in another thread about accutane. I can't seem to find that thread ( posts on my profile only go back about 5 posts?), but briefly the main side effects were greatly reduced libido, scarring, eating became a chore rather than a joy and i'm almost certain i got some liver damage from it. That was only after the traumatic experience i had of being on it. Overall it completely changed me and my outlook on life, and while i've made some progress towards normality since being off it, I'm not sure if i'll ever reach it.

im assuming ur male right? when u say reduced libido, do u mean you know have erectile disfunction?

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/23/2014 11:53 am

Why are u comparing acne with other disease ? Basically u just saying would u rather have this or that but it doesn't even matter because people are trying to treat there acne because it's hurting them emotionally and in this society it's important like u said about her movie clear skin is priceles

Have you ever been told that you have a few months of life? I wish you not, but i have and it was due to the side effects of the bcp i was taking for acne. When you are at that point you realize that acne is nothing to mess my life and health for it. I read so many posts here from people that get miserable because of acne. There are really serious problems in life to ruin my calm for acne. That doesnt mean i dont fight it, but in sane terms.

no man. thinking like that and the acne wins! the lifestyle changes to rid yourself of acne are things people without acne should do anyways! Lets see eat better, exercise, treat face skin like a million bucks. If everyone did this the USA would not have th bad reputation that it does. I am going to do 10 pushups right now to let the acne know IT CANT WIN I GOT EXERCISE AND BP SCREW YOU ACNE.

I am not from the US and in my country food habits are actually beneficial for skin

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/23/2014 3:27 pm

Have you ever been told that you have a few months of life? I wish you not, but i have and it was due to the side effects of the bcp i was taking for acne. When you are at that point you realize that acne is nothing to mess my life and health for it. I read so many posts here from people that get miserable because of acne. There are really serious problems in life to ruin my calm for acne. That doesnt mean i dont fight it, but in sane terms.

>>>no man. thinking like that and the acne wins! the lifestyle changes to rid yourself of acne are things people without acne should do anyways! Lets see eat better, exercise, treat face skin like a million bucks. If everyone did this the USA would not have th bad reputation that it does. I am going to do 10 pushups right now to let the acne know IT CANT WIN I GOT EXERCISE AND BP SCREW YOU ACNE.

I am not from the US and in my country food habits are actually beneficial for skin

honestly i rather die then be unhappy for the rest of my life if my acne was really severe and wouldnt go away

also u said u have a few months to live ? bs

also u dont need to take bcp to clear your acne there are other ways i know because im a male and do have hormonal acne and cured it

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/23/2014 5:48 pm

><p>397935322">

>Dude no offense, but Accutane is different for everyone it doesn't harm your body 100%, it depends on the body and your genetics. Honestly the only way you'll fix your acne is that drug. Try the lowest dosage 10mg or even 20mg, wont harm you in the long run. Don't believe everything you read on the internet regarding it. I've been on it for 3 months on 40mg and ive had no spikes in my blood test at all. Try it --- youll thank m

elater

im assuming ur male right? when u say reduced libido, do u mean you know have erectile disfunction?

I am. Libido is your sex drive and "hunger" for life. E.d can come under that to an extent i suppose.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/24/2014 9:32 am

Leading Force, i was told i had no life because of some signs in blood test indicating lupus. It was a wrong image triggered by the pill. I am perfectly fine.

Since you are male you probably know that hormonal imbalance is different in women as it is related to the menstrual cycle, which you guys dont have. The pill was a necessity for me years ago because i had to stabilize my cycle apart from the acne issue, and it was the only that kept me clear. Today my cycle is normal and the only problem is acne, which is controllable. Finding myself in a situation of no tommorow i am thankful to have just acne and nothing more serius. I appreciate my health condition every time i lose confidence because of a couple of stupid pimples.

I certainly dont let them take me down to unhappiness...