Notifications
Clear all

Pretty Much Out Of Ideas - Help?

MemberMember
(@spleenharvester)

Posted : 04/16/2014 7:38 pm

I used to use Quinoderm, which kept me almost completely clear. Now I'm allergic, and can't bring it near my face without getting a massive red ring around my mouth. Think I may be allergic to BP, I'm 99% sure I'm allergic to tetrasodium EDTA (anything containing it yields a similar, but not as bad reaction)

Nothing I've tried since has worked and my skin is pretty much a complete mess right now, and the spots above my mouth just WILL NOT GO AWAY.

I tried tea tree soap. My face cleared up in a matter of days - only to break out worse than it ever has done in a long time.

I tried sulfur soap. Same again, but the breakout wasn't as bad.

Thinking it was the brand, I bought some rediculously expensive organic tea tree soap. That just made it worse from the get go.

Only things I can think of trying are salicylic acid and better quality sulfur soap.

I'm in the UK so I can't get any regimen stuff. Any ideas?

Cheers

MemberMember
(@livefreealways)

Posted : 04/16/2014 10:09 pm

you know skin can be tricky but i feel like all those harsh products prob mess the skin up more but idk

MemberMember
(@spleenharvester)

Posted : 04/17/2014 10:54 am

I've tried leaving the skin for like two weeks over the holidays, it got about 10x worse unfortunately.

I've bought three things which are pretty highly rated on the review section - Queen Helene mint mask, Epsom salts, Vit B3 and D3, and something else I can't even remember. If they don't work I'm just going to call it a day, I've tried almost everything else.