Notifications
Clear all

Going To Include Flaxseed And Oat...opinions Please

MemberMember
(@kiat)

Posted : 04/16/2014 2:05 pm

Hi, I'm on the way to getting clear once again after the bad breakouts in Dec 2013.

At the time I took Oil of Oregano, used warm water to wash my face and also showered with it due to the weather, and was back to having one cup of coffee per day. I don't know which ones were to blame but would point my finger at the first 2 reasons.

Then I stopped all those 3 things and my skin kept improving, now left with dark mark from extracting acne.

What I do topically is:

Morning

-No cleanser, just water

-Paula's Choice BHA liquid

Night

-Paula's Choice whole CLEAR system: cleanser, BHA and BP.

-Moisturizer. I keep changing, from Paula's product to my local derm's Aloe Vera and now trying Dan's yellow moisturizer too. And sometimes I add Jojoba oil in the moisturizer if I feel dry.

Diet

-Mainly Thai food, always comes with white Jasmine rice but I lower the amount. And always have noodles too, and I know there's too much carb and not a good carb.

-Avoid dairy products but sometimes I have low-fat yogurt.

-Avoid sweet fruits, always have dragon fruit, green apple, papaya, pineapple, rose apple, etc.

-Try to eat more salads, always include cos, green and red oak, tomato, avocado, and boiled egg. I use Italian dressing. Can hardly find one with Extra Virgin Olive oil. The one I use is using canola oil and I add some EVO in it.

-1-3 cups of hot green tea, unsweetened of course. Love sencha from Japan.

-Avoid coffee...I may have only 1 cup of black coffee per week when I feel too sleepy.

-I eat nuts too, almond and brazil nuts are my favorites. I'd chew a few of them per day whenever I have them at home.

Supplement

-Salmon fish oil (Carlson) (2 softgels)

-Cod Liver Oil (Carlson) (5 softgels equals 1 tablespoon of the liquid form, but I take 4, 2 each time)

-2,000 mg of Vit C (1,000 mg each time)

-Odorless garlic (with green tea and other detoxing herbs)

-Saw palmetto

-L-opti zinc

-Selenium 200 mcg

-ALA

-NAC (not everyday)

-Pantethine (Jarrow) 450mg x 2

-Curcumin (Jarrow) (not everyday)

-Vit D3 (not everyday)

So now it's the topic question about the flaxseed. I've bought this:

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-organic-certified-organic-milled-flaxseed-15-oz-425-grams-pwdr

As it has Omega-3 and 6, if I eat it will it cause any problem? I read somewhere that flaxseed is not recommended. But then I see many love it. I already have Omega-3 from the fish oil products and I believe I have Omega-6 when I eat out as they use vegetable oil a lot over here as it's cheap.

Okay now the last question, since I have reduced steamed rice consumption, I still get hungry sometimes. And that made me want to have oatmeal.

Over here we have Quaker for more than 30 years. I do not know which type to have.

This red can is an instant version, no need to boil, just use hot water:

9556174702130X.jpg

And this blue can, you have to boil it:

HF006.jpg

Do you know any differences in quality and does the difference have something to do with insulin spike?

Or can you recommend something for me to eat if I still feel hungry due to low carb meal?

I'd appreciate every suggestion. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/16/2014 5:00 pm

It would be best not to use the instant version.

And flax helps some, but makes some people worse, so watch for changes.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/17/2014 10:38 am

Do you need all those supplements? It seems like a lot. You could find a multivitamin (whole foods/ raw) that has some of them so that you don't have to take so many capsules.

As for flaxseed and oats, for me they don't help but once in a while it's fine.

MemberMember
(@kiat)

Posted : 04/18/2014 9:18 am

It would be best not to use the instant version.

And flax helps some, but makes some people worse, so watch for changes.

Thank you alternativista :)

Do you need all those supplements? It seems like a lot. You could find a multivitamin (whole foods/ raw) that has some of them so that you don't have to take so many capsules.

As for flaxseed and oats, for me they don't help but once in a while it's fine.

I am not sure if I need them all but from reading here and from acne books these can help. I'd like to take some out too do you have any idea of what should be taken out?

My friend had acne like me and went clear with only Paula's BHA liquid. Amazing indeed. He eats little carb and no soda, but he always drink alcohol beverage.

MemberMember
(@jari-litmanen)

Posted : 04/18/2014 9:25 am

Flaxseed oil did wonders for me.

You could replace the selenium supplement with brazil nuts. They're absolutely packed with selenium: "Brazil nuts are perhaps the richest dietary source of selenium; 28 g (1 oz, 68 nuts) can contain as much as 544 g.".

MemberMember
(@kiat)

Posted : 04/18/2014 9:48 am

Flaxseed oil did wonders for me.

You could replace the selenium supplement with brazil nuts. They're absolutely packed with selenium: "Brazil nuts are perhaps the richest dietary source of selenium; 28 g (1 oz, 68 nuts) can contain as much as 544 g.".

I forgot that I have taken the single selenium out but having Glutathione booster by Carlson which has selenium and also I am having brazil nuts almost everyday.

By the way, your username is my fav as I am a Liverpool supporter! He was brilliant when he played for the club.

MemberMember
(@karna)

Posted : 04/21/2014 1:34 am

Flax seed broke me out like crazy in terrible cysts. The first two weeks or so my skin became all soft and pretty but after that it was really bad. It's the same with fish oil and krill oil btw. Watch out but maybe it works for you.