Notifications
Clear all

Does Subcision Surgery Result A New Scar ?

MemberMember
(@nove15mber)

Posted : 04/16/2014 3:27 am

Hello ,

Does SUBCISION surgery result a new scar ?

and what type of scars subcision can effectively treat ?

I need your advices , thank you .

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 04/16/2014 8:24 am

Yes it does. I now have scar tissue where it was more of a smooth divot before. It fills it in somewhat but looks bumpy and unnatural. I know that's not everyone's experience though, but in mine the new hard scar tissue is quite obvious.

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/16/2014 7:58 pm

It can I suppose but it didn't in my case. I've done it twice.

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/17/2014 10:22 am

Ive heard something like this years ago but after my first subcision i can first hand tell you it improved things a bit.

Just had a second subcision

a week ago and am using suction post subcision for a few weeks (well see).

However i did ALOT of research on subcision this time and I could tell you that

in all the pictures (especially MR MATT in this forum, who had suction afterward) there is much less scarring and no new scar was made.

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/19/2014 6:59 am

and what type of scars subcision can effectively treat ?

Subcision seems to be the procedure of choice for rolling scars

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 04/20/2014 6:55 pm

I've undergone four subcision treatments and no additional scarring occurred as a result of the procedure.

My initial fear was that the Nokor needle would create a scar when the doctor inserted it through my epidermis but nothing like that occurred whatsoever.

If you have rolling scars, the financial means to have them treated, and a doctor willing to perform the procedure, I highly recommend it.

MemberMember
(@sadpotatoes)

Posted : 06/03/2014 12:26 am

I had a lot of additional scarring from subcision. I got raised lumps that still haven't gone away (1 year later) and most of them are next to the pitted scars I wanted to treat which just makes the depressions look worse. (Basically now I have rolling texture/scars which I did not have before subcision) I also scarred on several spots from the needle itself which essentially made my pitted scars look bigger because the new scars are right next to the old scars. One scar did raise up a tiny bit. I also had an ice pick collapse. I have no idea why my doctor even did that scar, if I could go back in time I would have been very specific about the scars I wanted treated and I would have done a test scar first. Don't just let the doctors do whatever they want.

All that said I know subcision has been great for many, so please just be conservative - I highly recommend a test scar! - and find someone who really specializes in this procedure before you go through with it!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/03/2014 9:32 pm

In general, I think it is pretty safe if you go to someone who knows what they are doing. The Nokor needle that is usually used is 18G, which is a huge freaking needle. It can do damage if not wielded by an expert. The doctor also has to know in which plane of the skin to go to before they start sweeping under the scar. As simple as it sounds, this is not something to ever be attempted at home. I feel that if you do not go deep enough to the right plane, are too aggressive with the sweeping motion, or have a tendency to form hypertropid or keloid scars, then it could result in new scarring.

It should also be done within the boundaries of the scar, since you are trying to create a bed of scar tissue underneath to plump up that divot.

MemberMember
(@u1971)

Posted : 06/05/2014 12:01 am

When I had subcision done, 2 months after the treatment I still had lumps under the (test) treated areas. My doctor injected something into them (I don't remember what, and my very old posts were deleted, so that I can't check it). The lumps were dissolved in a few days, so lumps are a damage that can be reversed.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 06/05/2014 2:18 pm

I am almost certain he injected kenalog / cortisone into it. For anyone who got lumps or keloid type scarring from subcision, which I think is rare, you should definitely look into flattening it with kenalog, 5-FU, and Vbeam. There's no point suffering since it is not a difficult fix.

When I had subcision done, 2 months after the treatment I still had lumps under the (test) treated areas. My doctor injected something into them (I don't remember what, and my very old posts were deleted, so that I can't check it). The lumps were dissolved in a few days, so lumps are a damage that can be reversed.

u1971 liked