Notifications
Clear all

Exposed Skincare Product Line... Any Good?

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 04/15/2014 9:30 pm

Has anyone tried the Exposed Skincare [Removed] product line? If so, how did you like it, and what form of acne--as in type and severity--do you have?

I'm especially curious to know if it helps with cysts/nodules, though from I've heard, nothing topical really prevents hormonally-driven breakouts.

Thank you,

PI

MemberMember
(@aerine)

Posted : 04/16/2014 10:08 am

Yea I have it.... Was on it for about a month, im probably going to stop soon. Honestly the product worked decent for my acne and I didnt get to dry. However the basic kit has a shit ton of sylcylic acid, and I think that might be making my face red. I thought it would lessen but im not so sure... It could work for you I know amazon had some good reviews on it. It mixes BP, sylcylic acid and awhole bunch of other stuff. Dude though honestly though they have the best moistorizer ever.......... Like even if there kit doesn't work for you im telling you they did something right with the moistorizer.... Anyways i had moderate acne no cysts just really inflammed.

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 04/16/2014 2:37 pm

Yea I have it.... Was on it for about a month, im probably going to stop soon. Honestly the product worked decent for my acne and I didnt get to dry. However the basic kit has a shit ton of sylcylic acid, and I think that might be making my face red. I thought it would lessen but im not so sure... It could work for you I know amazon had some good reviews on it. It mixes BP, sylcylic acid and awhole bunch of other stuff. Dude though honestly though they have the best moistorizer ever.......... Like even if there kit doesn't work for you im telling you they did something right with the moistorizer.... Anyways i had moderate acne no cysts just really inflammed.

Knowing that it contains BP kind of sours me on the idea of trying it; I know that stuff can age the skin, and I'm at an age at which I don't need that problem added to my acne woes. ;)

I believe I read that it contains 1% Salicylic acid (SA), which is the amount that I'd like to try. (I currently just apply Clean & Clear's toner for sensitive skin, which has 0.5% SA.) But there's no need for me to purchase an entire acne kit in order to get that amount of SA; there are other products--albeit kind of pricey ones--that have it.

MemberMember
(@aerine)

Posted : 04/16/2014 3:53 pm

yea the cleanser is 1% the toner is .5% the clear pore serum is 1%, (which is actually less than the usual dosage of 2%) and the acne treatment serum is 3.5% bp. I just am not responding well to Salicylic Acid anymore... I heard alot of stories of this stuff clearing cystic acne, but i have never seen it. However i would highly recomend the moistorizer again. The tubes probably last a couple monthes.

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 04/16/2014 7:17 pm

I just am not responding well to Salicylic Acid anymore... I heard alot of stories of this stuff clearing cystic acne, but i have never seen it.

I've not heard of any topical treatment that prevents cystic acne. :( I recently asked my physician's asst.--who works in a dermatology office--if retinoids help prevent cysts/nodules, or if they at least help heals breakouts faster; she said, "Not really." Ugh.

All I know is that I'm not willing to go back to antibiotics; I've messed up my body enough by being on/off them for years.

However i would highly recomend the moistorizer again.

I'll consider it for future reference. Currently, I've two big bottles of DML Lotion that I need to use up, which will take a while.

MemberMember
(@tom-worth)

Posted : 04/20/2014 9:02 am

Doesn't work and damages your face.

MemberMember
(@prettyinside)

Posted : 04/20/2014 9:04 am

Doesn't work and damages your face.

So the moral of the story is that any OTC product that makes big promises isn't likely to help people--at least not long-term and definitely not people with nodulocystic acne. :/

MemberMember
(@tom-worth)

Posted : 04/24/2014 5:02 pm

The only OTC long term cure/treatment with extremely minimal side effects is the Panoxyl Aquagel teatment, I've tried EVERYTHING else and none of them are a viable option (either ineffective or too damaging for your skin to use long term). I haven't got cystic acne (mines light/moderate) but from reading on this website accutane is the only long term solution for that although I am aware the side effects and health issues that come with it are pretty severe.