Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CamaroClarity

Red Marks And Scars After Accutane

I am now a month off accurate I ran 80mg a day for 6 months. I am now on the gel version of accutane called isotropin I believe. Anyway is there a certain time frame that my face can be the same color again? And I plan on getting these scars fixed with surgery later on. Thanks for the help

post-369503-0-39530200-1397574249_thumb.

post-369503-0-39530200-1397574249_thumb.

Edited by CamaroClarity

I would give it a good 6-12 months and then re-assess again at that time. i dont really see any scars just hyper pigmentation from that pic so i think you will be fine once that all fades.

lucky guy

Thanks for the reply! I hope they go away I can't stand the redness makeup helps but i don't want to do that forever! And I don't find my face lucky although this is my first break out in my life and I hope these cyst do not come back

Here is another close up in the light. I think the top ones are scars.

I know you don't consider yourself lucky - I don´t consider myselft either but we are.

Your scar is mild and it's easy to fix. The redness sucks but it's better than indents

lucky guy

Thanks for the reply! I hope they go away I can't stand the redness makeup helps but i don't want to do that forever! And I don't find my face lucky although this is my first break out in my life and I hope these cyst do not come back

Here is another close up in the light. I think the top ones are scars.

Honestly your scars are so minimal, i wouldn't even bother going down the surgery route. Accutane and (i assume the gel you're using as a result) prolongs redness and so once you go off that gel the redness will go away much quicker.