Tip For Dry, Sensit...

Notifications
Clear all

Tip For Dry, Sensitive Skin

MemberMember
(@niemie)

Posted : 04/14/2014 4:44 pm

Hi, I've been using the regimen for about two years now, and I recently discovered a slight alteration in its application that has made the products even more effective for me. I followed the application instructions to a T, and I had good results, except that the benzoyl peroxide always dried out my skin and made it flakey, tight, and very dry. I tried stepping up the dosage gradually, but found that my fair, sensitive, "combination" skin couldn't take anything but a bare minimum amount. So, I changed the order of application:

Step 1: wash and gently pat dry

Step 2: apply one pump of the moisturizing lotion (that's right, before the treatment) and wait for it to dry

Step 3: apply the treatment (almost twice the amount you're used to) and let dry

Step 4: apply one more pump of moisturizing lotion.

The reason it works is that skin is most receptive to lotion when it's still slightly wet. Also, applying treatment directly to the skin is drying. It's important to increase the treatment a little, because you're effectively diluting the product with the first coat of moisturizer.

It may not work for everyone, but it's made all the difference in the world for me. Just wanted to share in case it could help anyone else out. Especially if you've been struggling with the normal routine for as long as I had (2 years). Best wishes!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 04/15/2014 12:15 pm

Thanks for sharing your tips. We would still recommend following it as Dan suggests, however if you are just too dry or have sensitive skin these tips may help.