Notifications
Clear all

Are We Really Our Worst Critics?

MemberMember
(@adayinthelife)

Posted : 04/14/2014 5:16 am

It's something we often here, that we scrutinise our skin the most and notice most of our flaws more then anybody else, while this may be true, aren't we always in some level of denial about our skin, we always tell ourselves, it's not that bad, they won't notice, it's fine etc. Becuase we have to deal with it and walk around with it but doesn't it make sense other people would be far more critical because it isn't there problem and they don't have to make excuses for you? They are also comparing your skin to clear rather than how it looked last week or last month, which means the judgement could often be much harder than you'd want.

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/17/2014 9:48 pm

In my case, it's the other ppl who are more critical towards me.

I'm not my own worst critic nor am I in denial, because I know I have very bad skin. It is what it is. Take it or leave it,

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 04/19/2014 10:12 pm

I am definitely my own worst critic. My skin has cleared up and all I have left is hyperpigmentation, but whenever I get a whitehead I freak out and think everyone can see it and that i'm hideous and disgusting (even though I know it's just ONE spot which is a huge improvement). I guess because I was used to hearing people comment on how bad my skin was that that's all I'll believe. My boyfriend always tells me my skin is fine now and he thinks that when I look in the mirror, I see something different from everyone else.