Notifications
Clear all

Anyone Solved Acne From A Dermatologist?

MemberMember
(@forum-rules)

Posted : 04/13/2014 4:01 pm

Hello,

I have had acne since i was 14, i am 17 now and it has been ups and downs ,sometimes i get full in acne and sometimes its not really bad.

Finally after getting a break out today i collected the guts to call a dermatologist. Unlucky they didnt responded today but i'll defently call them tomrrow.

I want to ask,has anyone found a solution from going to dermatologics?

How much estimately can it be to pay for their services?.

My last money are $400 ,hopefully i can do something with this .

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/13/2014 4:31 pm

i would save the $400 and do research on acne.org for info about acne because most likely your derm is gonna tell you same things on here

then you can decide whats worth spending money on

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/13/2014 4:51 pm

The dermatologist will not tell you anything you can't find online. Here's the advice I will give, and if it doesn't work, then go see the dermatologist.

Adhere strictly to a paleo diet with plenty of vegetables and fish (potatoes don't count) and bone broth meat and vegetable soups. Wash your face only with a mild cleanser and water, once a day. Get sleep and sunshine. Take 5000iu vitamin D3. Do this for at least 2 weeks. While 2 weeks is not long enough to get clear, you will probably start seeing improvement by then. If you see no improvement, go to the derm and ask if they think a low dose (10mg) isotretinoin course is reasonable.

If you really want to solve this problem, continue the paleo diet while on the isotretinoin course, keep taking the vitamin D3, and keep getting sleep and sunlight. I 98% guarantee that your acne will be gone in 3 months of this plan.

Don't use antibiotics. They will cause more damage in the long term. Don't bother with topical treatments. Acne is an internal problem.

MemberMember
(@livvs)

Posted : 04/13/2014 5:24 pm

Hiya, I've been suffering with acne since I was about 13 when I was 15(pretty much nearly. 16 after months of tears and depression I was finally prescribed roaccutane (accutane in the us) and its worked miracles, I've got clear skin, I was meant to be on it for 6 months but I was taken off after four months as my skin had cleared, I'm so much more confident now and I'm so glad I went on it ! There are a lot of side effects attributed to it so think carefully, but the only side effects I've had we're a bit of weight loss and dry lips ! Hope this helps

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 04/13/2014 6:27 pm

The advantage of derms is that they prescribe medicine that cant be given over the counter which is normally stronger and ideal for your type of acne. I went 4 weeks ago and they prescibed minocyclin, differin, and eryacne. So far it has worked a little but not much. Really since youve been suffering a long time you may as well go and see what a professional thinks instead of what randoms on the internet do.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/13/2014 7:27 pm

The advantage of derms is that they prescribe medicine that cant be given over the counter which is normally stronger and ideal for your type of acne. I went 4 weeks ago and they prescibed minocyclin, differin, and eryacne. So far it has worked a little but not much. Really since youve been suffering a long time you may as well go and see what a professional thinks instead of what randoms on the internet do.

the derm will tell you the most common reasons for acne that can be found on the internet no matter what

also randoms have good knowledge as well (some)

MemberMember
(@forum-rules)

Posted : 04/18/2014 1:17 pm

I do thank all for your replies,unfortunately i forgot this topic about.

This week was the same ,i said i will go next week :(.

I will try to go tomorrow.

Btw the Dermatologist has a service for 'Acne treatment' and thats why i said to go there, as i dont want to get a consult but to treat it.

Thanks for all replies once again and let's hope i will update this as soon as possible when i get a clean face like i used to have before.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 04/18/2014 9:17 pm

fuck dermatologist,it's all i can say. Otc products,epiduo / retin -a or roacuttane. Thats are the options.

MemberMember
(@gkitten25)

Posted : 05/02/2014 8:30 am

I think the benefit of going to a dermatologist is that they are able to prescribe stronger medication, as a previous poster mentioned. They have probably seen hundreds of cases of acne and I believe they are still the best people to help, sometimes these is just too much information on the internet. When I went to my derm about a year ago I almost thought I knew better than he did. But I decided to follow the prescription and routine he had given me and I'm glad I did. I think where a lot of people fail is that they don't preserver for long enough, three months is the minimum time to see any decent results and even then, it took me until recently to really feel like my skin was back to normal, but I have follow my doctors advice the whole time, along with some other skincare tips I have found myself. I know that in the UK most dermatologists work for the National Health Service, even if you pay to go private, these doctors are still basically national health doctors who do some private work on the side, so for a start you know that they are fully qualified and experience. We also get free prescriptions in Scotland so apart from the fee to see a private dermatologist they really don't make any money from you, I think this makes them much more objective, they want to help you not make money from you. When I even asked about scar treatment 3 months into my prescription my derm pretty much said calm down and give your skin time to heal before you do anything drastic like that, again I'm glad he did, time and a good regimen has improved my skin so much. In fact I'm sure most dermatologist in the UK don't perform peels and laser treatment. I know some dermatologist in cosmetic clinics push treatments but I chose a dermatologist who worked mainly for the national health service ( on the national health it is a surgeon that performs laser treatment, that is how controlled it is) so I knew that he wasn't out to make a quick buck. I guess what I am saying is research your dermatologist, if he sounds like a salesman I'd walk away!

sorry my spelling is terrible here! lol

MemberMember
(@mcqueen)

Posted : 05/04/2014 2:31 am

I don't get it when I search how to cure acne or whatever is it, they tell to go to a dermatologist to make sure. But when you're actually going to a dermatologist, they're telling you not go because a dermatologist basically tells you something that can be found in here. That's true though.

I went to a skin clinic in my city (they have opened for 10 years) around 1 1/2 week ago and see the doctor. He just told me it's acne (I have small bumps that dont hurt I didnt know if its acne) and told me the do's and don'ts. What to eat and basically I can't eat everything lol :( I tried to though. He gave me the clinic's facial liquid cleanser for oily skin, acne cream, morning cream/moisturizer (from the clinic or his formula). It is rather expensive Id say.

They all worked good for me especially the cleanser love it!! The acne cream ease the acne everytime I wake up and the morning cream is sooo creamy and makes my oily face more oilier omg but it contains spf so I still use it though.

I've been using them and at least there are some improvements, my right cheek is getting clear.

Idk how to explain lol

MemberMember
(@jimsport)

Posted : 05/04/2014 9:06 am

Ive booked an appoitment for a derm, going to get accutane prescribed. The cost is about 185 and we get back about 100dollars. So 85dollars to see a derm.