Notifications
Clear all

My Positive Experience With Aha+ For Hyper Pigmentations!

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 04/13/2014 9:53 am

Hey all,

So I wanted to share with everyone my red mark/ hyper pigmentation healing process that has drastically reduced the time it takes for the marks to disappear from taking 12 to 24 months to 4 - 6 months.

I have been suffering acne since my early days in high school and I'm now 28 (turning 29 next month) years old. I have worked out that I will suffer from severe acne during summer times and also periods where I lose self control and cave in to eating oily food. Going by that, every year I break out at least once and when that happens cystic acne will be a vicious cycle for roughly 3-4 months. When the calm finally arrives, my skin will be left with hyper pigmentation when left unassisted - would usually take a year or two for it to heal on its own.

So in the last year, I have been using Dan's acne.org AHA+ moisturiser and let me just say - this thing is amazing! By applying this thing 2-3 times a week my hyper pigmentations now take 4 - 6 months to COMPLETELY heal as opposed to just doing nothing and taking up to 2 years to heal.

I'm not sure if it's also contributing but I apply an ice pack on my active pimples which also hits the spot of the hyper pigmentation for around 15 mins every night (as I catch up with some tv shows). As for the AHA+ I will apply it to my face around 3 times a week just before I go to bed and now 3 months later, I would say my hyper pigmentation has lightened up by up to 70%!

Just wanted to share that with anyone who is looking for a solution to give the AHA a go. Even when I don't have active pimples I would religiously apply the ice pack on my hyper pigmentation as I feel it is doing something.

Also I would like to add I'm not taking zinc as well - but can't say that I have seen evidence of it doing anything.

MemberMember
(@acneproblem11)

Posted : 04/13/2014 10:38 am

Hey, I'm really glad you were able to achieve a solution for your problem, I have a quick question, would you recommend the AHA treatment as you used it for redness and scarring around the cheeks and neck?

MemberMember
(@invisiblenetrix)

Posted : 04/13/2014 11:27 am

Hey, I'm really glad you were able to achieve a solution for your problem, I have a quick question, would you recommend the AHA treatment as you used it for redness and scarring around the cheeks and neck?

yup definitely. I break out heavily on the right side of my cheek for some reason so application to my cheek is where I apply it the most. Also you will fine a slight tingling sensation when you apply it to an area where there's expose underneath the skin. What I mean by that is I pop my pimples a lot and if you apply AHA+ to where you just popped it, you will feel a tingling sensation.

So I highly recommend AHA+ for redness and hyper-pig anywhere on the face and neck from experience. As for scarring, I'm not sure if it will help it disappear but I can tell you one thing, AHA+ makes my skin really smooth.