Notifications
Clear all

What Cover Fx Did For Me

MemberMember
(@electra27)

Posted : 04/12/2014 9:51 pm

Hello this is my first time posting a forum so not sure how this works, but I have been suffering from acne, red marks, and hyper pigmentation since I was 14 (am 20 now) and always came to this website whenever I felt like I needed people to relate to. I never posted anything on here until I found something that worked and healed my face. I finally made an account and decided to post since I have actually found something that has dramatically repaired my damaged skin.

Here are a few points on why my acne might have been caused:

• Moving from humid, tropical islands of Oahu & Okinawa, Japan, to Southern California (which is a bit drier)
  • Puberty and hormonal changes
  • Over-washing my face with harsh chemicals
  • Touching and picking my face constantly

Before moving to Southern California, I never had sensitive, acne prone skin. It was always crystal clear and strong. Maybe after a few months of starting my sophomore year of high school, I noticed that a huge underlying pimple was forming under my right cheek. I never had a pimple before so I was unsure of what to do, but I did not like it so I immediately went to Walmart and got some random orange Neutrogena face wash for acne; biggest mistake of my life. Instantly began forming more and more pimples but at the time I didn't realize that it was coming from the face wash so I began my cycle of buying harsh chemical products and washed my face 3 times a day; once in the morning, once after school, and once before bed, while also putting acne creams, vitamin e, face mask, and bleach creams (for the dark spots that were forming) all on my face at the same time. My face became extreeeeeemly sensitive and acne prone after all those years of harsh washing. I also tried covering up my blemishes by only applying dots of foundation where dark marks were, which I assumed look horrible now that I think about it. I started becoming really insecure about my skin and avoided taking pictures up close because I didn't want to accept the fact that my skin was THAT bad.

Well about a year ago I stopped that horrible cycle. I knew that washing my face obsessively wasn't making anything better so I began washing my face with Cetaphil, which I heard was great for the sensitive skin that I caused, once a day before bed with cold water. And it worked great, but the acne and dark marks were still there even after months of just using that.

In my sophomore year of college, about a year ago, I went up to LA with a friend of mine during Spring break and went to Hollywood to look around and shop, of course there I felt insecure too just because I felt like everybody had perfect skin there. Nonetheless, I continued shopping until my friend said she had to go to Sephora to pick up some foundation. I went a long even though I knew I wasn't going to get anything. At the time my mind was set that I was never going to experience the fun that comes with make up because every time I try something new it always broke me out. But then came a lady working in Sephora asking if I needed anything, and I told her I didn't since pretty much everything breaks me out. She said she had the same issue and that she uses a cream foundation made by Cover Fx. I thought to myself that a lot of foundations were supposed to be "good for your skin" so I wasn't really expecting it to work, and for it to break me out later that day, but I thought to myself, my skin is already horrible, whats a few more pimples gonna do? So I let her dab the foundation all over my face. When I looked in the mirror, I was so surprised, my skin looked flawless. Moments after I walked out of the store I immediately received a lot of compliments and boys were even trying to ask for my number etc. (thats another story) But anywho, she put a lot on though so I thought that it would definitely break me out later that night, but I bought the foundation anyway just because my skin looked perfect for the first time in a long time.

Later that night my skin didn't break out, and I have been using the cream foundation ever since!

Not only does the foundation cover up my blemishes, but overtime, it actually helped heal my acne and dramatically lighten the red marks that I had on my cheeks. People also do not even notice that I have any on, there is some type of new machine at Sephora that detects exactly what skin tone you are so I got the perfect color for my skin (G60). I didn't notice how different my skin looked until I decided to take a picture (with flash) the other night and compared it to a picture I took of myself about a year ago. My skin isn't perfect right now, but I can definitely tell that it is getting better and it makes me so happy!

This is my everyday process of putting on my Cover Fx Cream Foundation:

• Use a make up spatula to dab the cream foundation out of the container (about a dime size, a little goes a long way)
  • Apply the foundation with a cream foundation brush
  • Blend & even out the foundation on my skin gently using the brush until I get the coverage that i'm satisfied with
  • Apply extra coverage to darker marks using a smaller brush (also works as a concealer)
  • Finish with the Cover Fx blotting powder with a larger powder brush

Here is how I have been washing my face every night for the past year or so:

• Come home from my day and rinse my face off with luke warm water
  • Use my Biore Perfect Oil make up remover/face wash (purple container) that I bought from Japan and lather it gently on my face
  • Rinse that off
  • Clean my face with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (gently)
  • Rinse off with cold water
  • Pat dry
  • And then leave my face alone!

I do not use any other products, occasionally I pat on a small amount of Cetaphil gentle lotion on my face if it is feeling a little dry, but literally, I do not use anything else and my skin has been doing soooo much better than when I use to obsess about using new products all of the time. I am so thankful for discovering Cover Fx and realizing that being gentle to your skin helps, A LOT!

If anybody has questions about anything feel free to comment! I left out a lot because I didn't want my post to be too long!

I will attach a before/after picture of my skin and also a picture of how my skin looks today with the Cover Fx foundation on. Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share all the details of my journey. I hope this helps somebody out there.

post-389576-0-37361500-1397357201.jpg

post-389576-0-02579500-1397357202.jpg

post-389576-0-37361500-1397357201.jpg

post-389576-0-02579500-1397357202.jpg