Notifications
Clear all

Bb Cream Recommendations?

MemberMember
(@streetwaver)

Posted : 04/12/2014 3:06 pm

Hey guys. I'm looking for a BB cream I can wear without fear of breakouts. I don't wear makeup on a daily basis so I was hoping I could just find a BB cream that would even out my skin tone and hide some blemishes, but it does seem that most of them are probably acne-causing for us prone to it. Are there any products out there that are generally accepted to he safe? I have oily skin. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/12/2014 3:13 pm

Garnier bb cream for oily skin is generally raved. I dont know about breaking out, but it has ABSOLUTE coverage and semi matt effect. It doesnt break me out, but no cosmetic does, so i cant be objective to that.

MemberMember
(@cupcakejess)

Posted : 04/12/2014 4:57 pm

I have the Garnier Oily to combination skin BB cream, and it is awesome! I love it that it doesn't adhere to the flakes that I get from BP, and it gives me really good moisturization, so BP isn't as drying when I use this BB cream. The only problem is that it won't give you as much coverage as foundation, so I would recommend using concealer and finish with a powder. It is also really good at evening out my skin tone. I don't have a super red face anymore! I haven't tried any other BB creams, and this one is the only one I've ever tried, and it works really good.

MemberMember
(@lyannastark)

Posted : 04/21/2014 8:11 am

I tried the regular Garnier BB cream (it's in a smaller tube) and it was way too oily for my acne prone skin. I then tried Olay BB cream but again, too oily.

Agree with the posters above that the oil-free Garnier (for oily and combination skin) is amazing. I've used it for years and am happy with it.

MemberMember
(@leelamans)

Posted : 04/28/2014 11:56 am

I've tried the BB cream from the brand Andalou Naturals. It can be found at Whole Foods. They also have an Oil Remover cream that works amazingly. The creams are moisturizing, but I wouldn't recommend using them if your skin is even slightly flaky or dry, because they can be a bit tough to spread on. Quality wise, I am definitely pleased. Its a good use of $20.

MemberMember
(@pusnakts)

Posted : 05/03/2014 4:02 am

I tried Maybelline BB cream ( both pink and the blue one with salisylic acid ). Basically no coverage ( or super light coverage haha ), didn't make me break out either. Good moisturizer, though.

MemberMember
(@summerdayss)

Posted : 05/06/2014 4:34 pm

I have been using the maybelline dream fresh bb cream and I love it! Its not something to get if your looking for a medium coverage though. I still have to use some concealer to cover up redness. But its great for evening out skin tone!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 05/07/2014 11:07 am

I don't use BB creams, I use a CC cream which saves me a lot of time in the morning. Lumene's CC cream is pretty good and doesn't break me out...plus, it doubles as sunscreen.

MemberMember
(@nkay0903)

Posted : 05/21/2014 8:02 am

I dont know what it is with BB creams but i have tried a bunch, including marcier, garnier, covergirl or is maybellene? they all made me break out :( oh and arbonne. omg arbonne was the WORST! and the consultants at arbonne think their products are the greatest thing to ever happen to this world so it was practically impossible to return it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/28/2014 10:59 pm

Depending on what you're looking for regarding shades, coverage, and less amount of time blending. I would recommend Asian BBs because they tend to leave out ingredients known to cause breakouts. Plus they are on the heavy coverage side, but lack in shades. The only American BB that is good in my opinion is Bobbi Browns BB cream. But it is hard to blend properly. I have not tried Garniers,Maybelline, Rimmel..