Notifications
Clear all

Nivea Soft Milk Body Moisturizer

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 04/12/2014 11:56 am

Hello,i've recently bought Nivea Soft Milk Body Lotion as a Moisturizer to use after applying benzoyl peroxide. It doesn't say "not comedogenic" but a pharmacist offered to me as a really good moisturizer for the whole body and for acne prone skin. It's feels good,not to thick or to light,skin absorbs it really fast and it doesn't make me super greasy or oily. It just fixs the over dryness.

These are the ingredients

Aqua,Paraffinum Liquidum,Glycerin,Cetearyl Alcohol,Glyceryl Stereate Citrate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glyceryl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Sodium Hydroxide, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Linalool, Limonene, Hydroxyisohexyl, 3-cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl, Methylpropional, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha- Isomethyl Ionone, Citral, Geraniol, Parfum.

Is this approved for acne prone skin :) ? Thanksss

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 04/12/2014 4:12 pm

For your body or your face?

Francopld liked
MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 04/12/2014 4:20 pm

For your body or your face?

Face!!

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 04/14/2014 1:57 pm

Don't use that on your face. I wouldn't suggest using any body lotion on your face.

Don't use mineral oil on your face. It has no benefit and can aggravate acne. Use a humecdant based moisturiser (glycerin, hyaluronic acid, propylene glycol etc)

This kind of moisturiser base will help dryness on the temporary level by smoothing over the dry skin but it cannot be absorbed in the same way that humecdants or natural oils can. If you use a good moisturiser without mineral oil, it will not only fix dryness but prevent your skin from drying out so much. Also you can benefit from active ingredients this way.

The shea butter probably isn't good if you break out easily and also to me it looks from the ingredients that the moisturiser will be more on the alkaline side which isn't good for acne prone skin.

Sorry :')

Francopld liked
MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 04/14/2014 2:15 pm

I must agree with Morgo K and I don't think that this a good moisturizer to use if you have acne prone skin and are using benzoyl peroxide. It contains several ingredients that could be a problem and irritate your skin (mainly the alcohol(s) and the perfume).

I'm sure the pharmacist meant well but I don't think it is a good choice.

Just my opinion.

Francopld liked
MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 04/16/2014 8:45 am

Thanks guys for the reply. I'm definitively changing the moisturizer. Some days ago i had an allergic reaction while using this. So,yes it may be what caused it.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 04/19/2014 3:26 am

Try Oilatum Natural repair face cream if your skin is dry.