Notifications
Clear all

Please Help With Diet

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 04/12/2014 6:29 am

Hello I have had severe acne since December I think this is because of my excessive coffee consumption which mucked up insulin response system. And then my acne got worse.

Skin conditions i have: kp, acne, psorasis. Also i have ammenohrea- seconday- which is when someone who has had regular periods suddenly has absent periods. I think reduced calorie intake from diet is what caused it but I am now keeping my calorie intake steady. Yet still no period. I did a blood test yesterday for my ammenohrea and I am really scared- I know stressin isnt going to help either my period or acne.

Kp- genetic is linked to dairy and gluten- so i have cut that out - too soon to check for improvements Iodine rich food- spinach in large amounts trigger the worst of cystic acne on my back Also citrus- i went on a low histamine diet- so no citrus, spinach , tomatoes, chocolate, cocoa powder, green tea, fish except salmon.

My diet: no citrus, limited spinach, no chocolate,processed, deep fried, or fried foods, no gluten or dairy, high gi foods and fruits and processed bullsh*t- triggers pustules.

Basically: fresh food- low histamine, yellow bellpeppers or any bellpepper, carrots- grated to reduce gi, Boiled sweet potatoes- reduce gi, brown rice 80g, chickpea pancakes, mung bean noodles/beanthread, dosa with spicy coconut chutney- tastes awesome, lentils, apples, plums, low gi fruit and other veg.

I have 5 active cysts and 22 whitehead on my face- one tangerine gives me two cysts the next day, I ate two. The other cyst was from the vitamin c supplement i believe.

Anyway I am back on the diet I did cheat a bit during the time and also my picking habit which is most likely together the reason for the 22 whiteheads.

I still do get mild acne on my face does anyone have any herbal teas that wont affect the female sex hormones but would help acne. I have reasearched chammonile, spearmint, red clover, stinging nettle- this one seems to help men the most, but all these have an effect on oestrogen and progesterone. I dont know the results of the blood test but one of the causes of ammenohrea is PCOS.

Sorry for how long it is.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/13/2014 12:11 am

For teas, try roiboos tea.

If you have PCOS, I suggest you check the Hormonal forum on acne.org. I am managing my PCOS through a few supplements, diet, yoga, acupuncture and healthier lifestyle choices.

The low histamine diet should also include no other histamine triggers such as certain body lotions or mouthwashes etc. But only if you do indeed have a histamine problem, otherwise it's too restrictive for anyone to follow long term. I posted a grocery list of things that don't trigger histamine reactions for me, it might be worth a look although each person reacts differently to certain things.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/13/2014 3:16 am

Sounds like you could have a few different things going on. I would start by switching out all legumes - chickpeas, mung beans, dosa, lentils, etc - for non-processed meats. I would recommend chicken and fish.

Soup is a wonderful healing food. If you use a whole chicken to make bone broth and add in some rice, vegetables, and herbs, you'll have a complete and incredibly nutritious meal.

I would also recommend that you increase your fat intake. Fat is the safest macromolecule, especially if it's saturated. Coconut oil and ghee are the best. If you eat some fat with your vegetables, you'll get more nutrition out of them.

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 04/13/2014 7:43 am

For teas, try roiboos tea.

If you have PCOS, I suggest you check the Hormonal forum on acne.org. I am managing my PCOS through a few supplements, diet, yoga, acupuncture and healthier lifestyle choices.

The low histamine diet should also include no other histamine triggers such as certain body lotions or mouthwashes etc. But only if you do indeed have a histamine problem, otherwise it's too restrictive for anyone to follow long term. I posted a grocery list of things that don't trigger histamine reactions for me, it might be worth a look although each person reacts differently to certain things.

Hello thank you for replying I started drinking rooibos two day ago- too soon to see a difference. Yeah I agree it is restrictive- i just dont have the spinach , tomatoes and citrus. I have added in the cocoa powder becaue it high in magnesium and antioxidants.

The blood test results will take a week- but low oestrogen can cause ammenohrea - my diet is rich in phtoestrogens do you think this is what caused it. I asked my doctor and she said possibly but very rarely. Talk about a contradiction

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 04/13/2014 4:08 pm

Sounds like you could have a few different things going on. I would start by switching out all legumes - chickpeas, mung beans, dosa, lentils, etc - for non-processed meats. I would recommend chicken and fish.

Soup is a wonderful healing food. If you use a whole chicken to make bone broth and add in some rice, vegetables, and herbs, you'll have a complete and incredibly nutritious meal.

I would also recommend that you increase your fat intake. Fat is the safest macromolecule, especially if it's saturated. Coconut oil and ghee are the best. If you eat some fat with your vegetables, you'll get more nutrition out of them.

Hello thank you for replying.. I only have legumes for breakfast oh and I forget to mention that i have chicken and salmon every day except friday or if there is some religious occasion. This what a day looks like

Breakfast: cup of coconut milk with lots of cocoa powder and 80g mungbeans/ 2 chickpea pancakes/ puttu(rice flour based cereal kinda) with banana / dosa.

lunch: 100g of brown rice or quinoa with bell peppers, carrots, cabbage and whatever veg thats there really once a month i have mung bean thread noodles.

Snacks: apple, sesame seeds sometimes pumpkin seeds

Teas: boiled caraway seeds in water, rooibos, ginger

Afternoon: Maybe another apple; more fruit anything healthy low carb+ low gi .

Anyway thanks for the advice- legumes can be acidifying i guess

I also have found i have ibs so will be increasing magnesium uptake

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/13/2014 4:21 pm

The reason I suggest avoiding legumes is more because they have a lot of antigenic proteins. If you've ever walked through a soybean field close to harvest, you would see why humans are perhaps not proficient at digesting them. They're covered in sharp needle-like spines. It would be quite impossible to harvest them without injuring oneself if one only used his hands.

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 04/14/2014 2:46 pm

The reason I suggest avoiding legumes is more because they have a lot of antigenic proteins. If you've ever walked through a soybean field close to harvest, you would see why humans are perhaps not proficient at digesting them. They're covered in sharp needle-like spines. It would be quite impossible to harvest them without injuring oneself if one only used his hands.

Hiya i'm not sure but wouldn't cooking lentils destroy these antigenic proteins- what about nuts and seeds?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/14/2014 4:03 pm

Hiya i'm not sure but wouldn't cooking lentils destroy these antigenic proteins- what about nuts and seeds?

Yes and no. Cooking will destroy some of the proteins, but unless the food is cooked until it disintegrates, there will still be folded proteins grating the food structure.

Nut and seeds are also antigenic, but not to the same degree. I would say they are okay in moderation.

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 04/15/2014 11:10 am

Ok t

Yes and no. Cooking will destroy some of the proteins, but unless the food is cooked until it disintegrates, there will still be folded proteins grating the food structure.

Nut and seeds are also antigenic, but not to the same degree. I would say they are okay in moderation.

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 04/24/2014 7:36 am

Help i dont know what happpened i was foowing this but i have three new cyst one is now a purple lump from tea tree oil i have 6 new papules and pustues i hust want to cry and theres about 22 whiteheads i dont know what to do and lots of clogged pores

Could it have been lots of chicken

sweet potatoes

I have decided to just give up and cover my face in make up

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/29/2014 3:24 pm

It could be sweet potatoes if you're overdoing it. Any carbohydrate will spike your blood sugar in sufficient quantities. I really doubt that it's the chicken.

That being said, I don't want to just say things and have you cut out more foods. I would suggest keeping a food log, and write down how your skin is doing. You should probably realize, too, that you're in this for the long haul, no matter what course you take.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/29/2014 7:06 pm

Yes, but it varies from seed to seed how difficult it is to destroy the antinutrients. Soaking sprouting or fermenting before cooking is best. And most must come to a boil for at least 10 minutes. Also, there are foods that contain glyconutrients that bind up the antinutrients. Some are found in tons of foods, some are not. Soy, peanuts & wheat are the most problematic with the most harmful antinutrients that are the hardest to destroy and nutrients that bind them less common. Lentils & limas for example are fairly benign in the first place, easy to destroy and bound up by substances in tons of food, usually already in many traditional recipes.

Also, sweet potatoes are high in resistant starch. I doubt they are a problem, at least not due to glycemic impact.

Anyway, you said the cysts came from eating citrus. So stop. That leaves whiteheads & the ammenorhea. Consider what else changed when your acne got worse. Or start eliminating things one by one or in groups of related foods. What about stress? Sleep? Weight loss? How do you feel?

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 05/08/2014 1:54 pm

Yes, but it varies from seed to seed how difficult it is to destroy the antinutrients. Soaking sprouting or fermenting before cooking is best. And most must come to a boil for at least 10 minutes. Also, there are foods that contain glyconutrients that bind up the antinutrients. Some are found in tons of foods, some are not. Soy, peanuts & wheat are the most problematic with the most harmful antinutrients that are the hardest to destroy and nutrients that bind them less common. Lentils & limas for example are fairly benign in the first place, easy to destroy and bound up by substances in tons of food, usually already in many traditional recipes.

Also, sweet potatoes are high in resistant starch. I doubt they are a problem, at least not due to glycemic impact.

Anyway, you said the cysts came from eating citrus. So stop. That leaves whiteheads & the ammenorhea. Consider what else changed when your acne got worse. Or start eliminating things one by one or in groups of related foods. What about stress? Sleep? Weight loss? How do you feel?

Ok i have been keeping a food log i have found that certian flours seem to be breaking me out fillers and added chemicals are used in the urid dal flour that i was eating. It can't have been the black gram itself siince i can have other legumes. My mum has also commmented on added extras n the rice flours. Its so frustrating how crap is added into everything these days

I have stopped eating citrus but the cystic acne is present I am going to no longer consume what i mentioned above

Also my period has come back this was most likely due to m reduced calorie intake

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 05/08/2014 2:14 pm

Also i forgot to mention that i am going completely gluten and dairy free for my kp for three months and then vegan as kp is a sign of gluten intolerance or an inabillity to digest animal protein so that is all dairy meat fish . So i will need to consume mung beans, chickpeas, pumpkin seeds - to make up for the zinc iiron protein etc

I was also doing more research on food and behaviour - one woman claims that her child becomes aggressive after consuming anything with traces of soya- and now after removing it there chld has no more behavioural problems.

My parents have commented on how much more aggressive and violent i become after consuming chocolate - dairy does trigger my acne but small quanities have no effect.

Another thing i found was that tomatoes were causing my psorasis and that bananas brought back my chronic conjuctivitus. After not eating tomatoes my psorasis would begin to heal.