Notifications
Clear all

Accuatne With Nhs, Did You Have To Take Birthcontrol If Your Not Sexually Active?

MemberMember
(@kim2468)

Posted : 04/11/2014 9:22 pm

I just got referred to the dermatologist by my GP, I want to start taking accutane straight away but I was told I'all have to wait 2 months for a apointment . So should I start taking birth control now because people have said you have to be on birth control for at least a month before they give you accutane even if your not sexually active. So can people that have been on accutane by the NHS tell me if they received the tablets straight away if they were on BC. Also is there is anything else they need me to do in the first appointment so I can have everything prepared and not waste time? Thank you!

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 04/12/2014 12:29 am

Yes, (if you're on the US I pledge system),you need to be using your primary form of pregnancy prevention for one month before taking your second pregnancy test, even if abstinence is your primary method. It's the best way to ensure you are not pregnant when you start the medication.

And I just realized you're in the UK (didn't see the NHS part). Sorry about that!