Notifications
Clear all

Are You A Bum Because Of Acne?

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 04/11/2014 12:40 pm

I've been unable to deal with the social aspect of having a job. As a result I haven't been able to hold employment for more then two months anywere. I've already been to 5 job's and everytime, the atmosphere always becomes too much & that's when I start coming late, missing days and eventually getting fired.

Having a job isn't the same as being in hs, I managed to get a diploma because Id just sleep in class most of the year & make up the credit in summer school. But you can't do that in a job, you have to be productive on top of trying to deal with all the meaningless drama.

The point is I'm an ugly looking guy according to my coworkers, I hear the gossip all the time when Im working. Taking away my will to work. I dont see a solution to this situation, has anyone ever had to deal with this? as of right now I'm unemployed & am looking for another job to start the whole thing over again....

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 04/11/2014 3:49 pm

No, it not the acne. I have become schizoid. That is worse than acne.. Any mental illness is worse than physical issues.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 04/11/2014 5:04 pm

For me the acne leads to the mental issues..

No, it not the acne. I have become schizoid. That is worse than acne.. Any mental illness is worse than physical issues.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 04/12/2014 4:54 am

Not necessarily. In my case, acne lead to bullying. I never got rid of the social problems.

MemberMember
(@anthonykell)

Posted : 04/12/2014 5:45 am

Hi,

It's very tough, I have been there too. Keep fighting and figuring out a good balance in your life to get rid of acne.

Forget about the people who were talking behind your back. Who wants to work in a company like that? I guess those people gossip about anyone behind their back: that's just the type of people they are.

Forget about them and move on. There are better people in the world.

MemberMember
(@nicoleh)

Posted : 04/13/2014 1:16 pm

I just want you to know that acne is not a forever skin condition. you iwll find something that works or naturally, in time your skin is going to change on its own due to biological changes.

I can't hold down a job myself. My issue is not that I am "too ugly" it's the aftermath of hearing those things for years of being bullied as a child and even into early adulthood. The only job I am able to hold down the longest has been in a bar bc my anxiety is subdued by alcohol. I have had to drop out of college at one point due to my severe anxiety. Have you consdered meds and therapy? I'd push therapy or counseling more than the meds..PUSH ON. Are you a student? I'd suggest a job away from the florescent lights and gossip that occurs in the office environment...maybe barback someplace or even bartend. I'm only suggesting such jobs if youre in school and working towards something else bc there obviously isnt much future in this line of work.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 04/14/2014 1:53 am

i wonder if you could collect disability for this. Not that i support the whole lets claim welfare ban wagon. Many abuse it, however, when acne starts causing mental illness, the ante just went up. It becomes a serious ordeal.

I would seek out financial help if at all possible. That is unless you can find a job where you pretty much stick to yourself.

If you are having an acute episode of acne i would suggest going to doc, getting some antibiotics to help in somewhat of a remission and then work from there-exercise, complex, low inflammatory carbs/foods, avoid triggers, manage stress, get good amount of sleep, and sun.

You will have to deal wit the scarring and pih regardless; thats not something easily fixed unless you have deep pockets and lots of time.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 04/14/2014 4:29 pm

i wonder if you could collect disability for this. Not that i support the whole lets claim welfare ban wagon. Many abuse it, however, when acne starts causing mental illness, the ante just went up. It becomes a serious ordeal.

I would seek out financial help if at all possible. That is unless you can find a job where you pretty much stick to yourself.

If you are having an acute episode of acne i would suggest going to doc, getting some antibiotics to help in somewhat of a remission and then work from there-exercise, complex, low inflammatory carbs/foods, avoid triggers, manage stress, get good amount of sleep, and sun.

You will have to deal wit the scarring and pih regardless; thats not something easily fixed unless you have deep pockets and lots of time.

Don't offer medical advice if you're not a real nurse.

Lol, but I am. Kinda wouldn't post on my profile page all nursing related stuff unless I was one... ya think?

You need to step away from the computer and burn off some steam doing something constructive.

Edit: not to mention the passages in my signature. Barking up the wrong tree guy...

MemberMember
(@tanna23)

Posted : 04/14/2014 9:02 pm

I know how acne can make you feel like a social reject. I've been through a few jobs but mostly because of my changing school schedule, and address. I get jobs to help pay for school. I've never really tried to make friends at work although sometimes I do.

While the real world isn't as simple as high school a lot of people never grow up. Most of the people I've made friends with at work are actually much older than I am and have more important things to do with their time than gossip.

Your job is not where you go to meet friends, it's where you go to earn a living. You just need a good working relationship with them you don't have to like them. Try to think of a career if you don't already have something in mind and work towards that. Knowing that eventually you'll be doing something you want to do will make you feel better about yourself. Hopefully when you start that career you'll enjoy working.

Just remember that someday you'll find something that gets rid of your acne, but your coworkers will still be shallow little assholes.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 04/14/2014 9:26 pm

Lol, but I am. Kinda wouldn't post on my profile page all nursing related stuff unless I was one... ya think?

You need to step away from the computer and burn off some steam doing something constructive.

Edit: not to mention the passages in my signature. Barking up the wrong tree guy...

Your job must be slow if you have so much time to spend on an acne forum.

Well you see, when your schedule consists of 3 12hr days per week you often find yourself with extra time unless your pick up extra shifts.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 04/14/2014 9:45 pm

Your job must be slow if you have so much time to spend on an acne forum.

Well you see, when your schedule consists of 3 12hr days per week you often find yourself with extra time unless your pick up extra shifts.

No wonder why they don't give you more hours...

3x12=36=full time for us.

Your negativity makes me laugh.