Notifications
Clear all

Spectra Peel For Scarred Pores

MemberMember
(@taurus_girl)

Posted : 04/11/2014 12:29 pm

Has anyone heard of the Spectra Peel?

The name is confusing, it's actually a laser not a chemical peel. However, I'm hoping it's better than chemical peels, which did absolutely nothing for my scarred pores!! Quite a few places do offer this but I can't find many reviews. I found this info realself;

"Spectra Laser by Lutronic has taken the Q-switched Nd:Yag laser to higher level by adding Carbon lotion application prior to treatment which focuses the laser energy on pores and hair follicles. Via its photoacoustic effect, we have witnessed consistent pore size reduction with 2 sessions of no-downtime treatments (though most would benefit from a series of 5, a month a part). There will be incremental scar revisional benefit as well via collagen remodeling. I also recommend application of prescription strength topical retinoid to keep pore sizes small"

I'm attempting to use saline solution on my scars first but I'm wondering if later, this peel combined with Enerjet would be worth doing.

MemberMember
(@nearlydefeated)

Posted : 04/11/2014 1:33 pm

Hi Taurus

May I ask what type of peels you had and at what strength? This is part of a route I am considering, but the consensus seems that peels don't do a great deal. Did the peels help with the general tone/texture of your skin at all? I am in the UK also :)

MemberMember
(@taurus_girl)

Posted : 04/11/2014 2:05 pm

Through my late teens to mid 20's, I had several glycolic acid peels, lactic acid peels, microdermabrasions and easy TCA peels. They all gave a temporary effect on the tone / texture but it only lasted for a few hours or for a few days with the easy TCA peel. I've never had any laser procedures though.

The Spectra peel won't do anything for severe scars but I would be happy if it improves the lights scars/scarred pores/texture and this procedure seems to address those specific concerns. I just don't want it to be yet another peel that does nothing.