Notifications
Clear all

Foundtation For Dry Skin

MemberMember
(@amanda22)

Posted : 04/11/2014 8:03 am

Hi!

The Regimen destroyed my skin. I have never had any troubles with too dry skin, so I have always been able to use foundation and get a good coverage.

Recently, after I was on The Regimen (and got a major allergic reaction), my skin is superdry. I use moisture every night and every day, but even though my skin is oily and moist, it's still dry.

When I apply foundation it looks terrible. I used to be able to use foundation and it looked naturally, now people have been coming up to me saying: "Why did you start wearing makeup, you look much better without makeup".

And that's not fun, cause I've always used makeup, it's just that now it looks terrible. And that on top of my acne.. So I can't _not_ use foundation either.

Has anybody else experienced trouble with foundation on dry skin? What to do?

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

MemberMember
(@kylenea)

Posted : 04/25/2014 7:03 pm

Hi Amanda--

I have dry skin but when I commenced Retin-A for anti-aging last summer I was "devastated" by my inability to wear my regular foundation! I've yet to find my perfect foundation but I've been exploring BB creams and tinted moisturizers.

How sensitive is your skin? Let me know and I'll get back to you with recommendations. I have INCREDIBLY sensitive skin that seems to be semi-permanently sensitized by the Retin-A (I have since discontinued usage), so the majority of tinted moisturizers and BB creams cause breakouts. With that said, if your skin isn't quite as sensitive (or you let me know more about your skin) I would be happy to tell you my favorites thus far, and what has and has not worked for me.

BTW: My favorite all-time combination for (my) dry skin and sheer coverage is Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer SPF 30 with Chantecaille Just Skin tinted moisturizer layered over it. It's what I'm wearing in my profile photo. It's an incredibly hydrating (albeit pricy) duo, and provided me with dewy, doll-like skin. I looked like a red carpet celebrity!

Unfortunately, it breaks me out after several days and thus I am unable to wear it. As I mentioned, if you aren't as sensitive, perhaps you could give them a try.

MemberMember
(@aleenymo)

Posted : 04/26/2014 6:09 am

I find that using a BB cream along with a foundation helps a lot. I currently use Garnier oil free BB cream and Clinique Supermoisture Makeup over the top. I'm a big Clinique fan and their products are allergy tested and fragrance free. The foundation is NOT claimed to be non-comedogenic, but i've been using it for a while and it hasn't caused me any break outs. I use my hand to apply them because I find that the moisture tends to last longer when I do, and when I want a fuller coverage I use a sponge.

If any blemishes still show I use a liquid concealer and apply it with a brush

Avene thermal spring water also really helps to calm down sensitive/itchy/red skin and gives hydration!