New Person Wanting ...

Notifications
Clear all

New Person Wanting Some Advice

MemberMember
(@hetty249)

Posted : 04/11/2014 4:56 am

I am a new user of the Regimen. I have been waiting for weeeeeeks it feels like for my benzoyl peroxide to arrive from the States as i am English, but also currently living in Spain, so been waiting for people to pass it on to me. It has finally arrived!! :D:D

I am on day 2 of the Regimen, and my skin is getting a bit tight and itchy, but thats fine i can deal with this feeling after using many other sore treatments for my skin.

I am going to the beach for a week which will be when i start using the benzoyl twice a day. I'm just wondering whether the salty sea, sand, sun and benzoyl will just be too much for my quite fair and sensitive skin? Do people with any similar experience think i should just go for it? or that i should only apply it once when i'm at the beach?

On another note i am very nevous about going to the beach with problems such as whether the suncream will break me out, or whether to or not wear makeup. My acne is not severe but it still makes me feel very uncomfortable people seeing me without face makeup on. but its that awful catch 22 of not wanting to make it get worse, but not wanting to cover my face with a bucket and spade evrytime a camera comes out. any advice? or any YOU CAN DO IT's would be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/11/2014 10:53 pm

Topic moved to The Regimen forum

I would say to see how your skin is going next week. If you feel like it's all too much then it would be ok to stay at the once a day application for a few more day - the main thing about the first month or so of the regimen anyway is to take it slowly and let your skin get used to the BP rather than seeing results.

I would definitely recommend using a sunscreen though! The BP makes your skin more sensitive to the sun. And with already having fair skin, you want to be careful with sun exposure to begin with. Maybe do some searching around to find some good sunscreen suggestions that are less likely to break you out. I'm fair skinned myself and use the neutrogena moisturiser with spf 15 for day-to-day / incidental sun exposure but I'd recommend looking for something with a better SPF (at least 30) when you're going to be in the sun a lot - like at the beach.

I was in a similar situation the end of last year when I went on a beach trip with friends. My skin had improved quite a bit at that point (from the regimen) but I was still uncomfortable not wearing makeup and having people see me with none on - even though I never wear that much to begin with. What I did for the week at the beach was wear BB cream - honestly, it didn't really cover much, but it made me feel like I'd hidden things a bit and made it a bit easier to go out opposed to not having put anything on. And one I was out of the apartment and having a good time with my friends, I wasn't thinking about my skin - I was too busy having fun to care which was great. Hopefully it's like that for you too!

Try not to worry about it and just enjoy your time at the beach :)

(oh and - You can do it! :P)

MemberMember
(@kamanda)

Posted : 04/12/2014 9:53 pm

I would stick with just once a day BP until after your vacation. Going up to twice a day will likely cause some irritation and make you more self-conscious about your skin and you probably don't want that going on if you're going to be at the beach having fun. I'd definitely wait and make that transition once you are back. You could try researching sunscreens on beautypedia.com, where you'll get reviews and ingredients of sunscreens. If you can't find one you like, possibly wear a hat while out in the sun. Have fun!

MemberMember
(@finguy93)

Posted : 04/13/2014 4:08 am

Related question: How about going swimming in the water (after getting clear)? Will BP go all white on your face? After it has washed of, is it ok to just put moisturizer + suncream after getting out of water or should I put BP on again?

Does anyone has recommends how to deal with the regimen while in music festivals?

MemberMember
(@hound)

Posted : 04/13/2014 8:46 am

Speaking from personal experience here. Apart from the sun, I find that the skin is too strong to be affected by the external, afterall acne is a problem that arises from the inside anyway. As long as you apply SPF, and let it absorb fully before you go out (most products recommend 15 mins before sun exposure), you should be fine.

There is no need to apply the BP again after leaving the water, though reapplying moisturiser is definitely a plus. Apply BP twice a day, and keep it consistent (10-12 hours apart).