Notifications
Clear all

Just Had Subcision...suction To Follow Starting Monday Am...

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/10/2014 4:59 pm

Hi all;

Dr agreed with me to do subcision which i just had late this afternoon.

She just heard about suction and

i will be her first subcision-suction guinea

pig :-).

Shes going to bring me back in office every day next week and the week after

and will use her isolaz machine for suction on subcised areas.

The emphasis is of course on having

scars NOT retetherIng after subcision

as Mr Matt educated many of us on.

I have a question for forum as far as supplements to take during this period:

Dr recommened ARNICA for brusing.

I hear mixed things about arnica. Anyone else hear about or use it?

Additionally i take a supplement called sun cholrella from south korea which is a concentrated chorophyll/algae combo which is supposed to be good for cells.

I also take esther C, vitamin d3, tyrosine,

extra strength coq10, and a b complex.

If anyone recommends anything else right now they think is important please tell me.

MemberMember
(@bioneedle)

Posted : 04/10/2014 7:35 pm

Pictures would be great

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/10/2014 8:14 pm

2 pictures of left (worse ) cheek.

Right cheek much better.post-383948-0-43235300-1397178705_thumb.post-383948-0-04273500-1397178742_thumb.

post-383948-0-43235300-1397178705_thumb.

post-383948-0-04273500-1397178742_thumb.

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 04/10/2014 9:16 pm

I used Arnica gel that I bought at the health food store and didn't find that it didn't anything to help the bruising. Keep in mind that bruising is actually a good thing because it causes the body to release various healing agents that help in the collagen remodeling process.

However, if you are like most of us, you either have to go to school or you have a job or both. So, returning to some normalcy in appearance is important. I let the bruising take its course.

As far as supplements are concerned, I think that in addition to vitamin c, you should consider taking zinc which is known to help in collagen formation and deposition.

My primary care physician convinced me several years ago to take vitamin d supplements (2,000 icu's per day) which is also good for the skin.

Consider using topicals containing ester c and dmae. Retinol is another good topical to improve the appearance of your skin.

Any supplements known to be anti-inflammatory in nature may be helpful: tumeric. I didn't know about tumeric when I had my treatments, but I now take it as a supplement.

Hope this helps.

Matt

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/10/2014 10:39 pm

Matt;

My thoughts exactly on letting things run their course and I am an independent consultant so Im not overly

concerned about extra bruising. Funny about zinc because i was looking for it last week and then got distracted and forgot about.

I HAVE A FEW QUICK CRITICAL QUESTIONS FOR YOU THAT I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFUL TO GET YOUR TAKE ON;

1.) Is 3.5 days too long to wait to suction? My dr wants to do my suction in her office every day (excluding saturday and sunday), with her fancy isolaz suction machine but it would start late monday am. One lady on realself said she started suction late the same day and she got great results (like you).

2.) Is once per day suctioning

enough (even with that drs fancy suctioning machine)?

I am kind of thinking at least twice a day os needed; your thoughts here?

3.) I have a suction device;

This might be my most important question: how long and how many passes do you do per suctioning session? Owndoc recommends: 12 suctionings of 4 seconds each per treatment. Do you agree?

Thank a million in advance Matt.

I really truly appreciate all your help

and advice.

Sincerely,

Ron

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/11/2014 8:28 am

Hello All;

Morning after subcision.

Im black and blue and unshaven.

I look like guy from that last rocky movie :-0

Anyway, no sense in taking pics now of swelling but i will in future.

I cut caffeine out for now as i heard it is a slight inhibitor of collagen.

Quick question for Matt or anyone else (please forgive me for asking you so many questions matt but our cases and age is nearly the same).

I started using a light retinoid on first night after subcision as well as a vitamin C/E cream that was highly recommended to use right after needling. Anyone use this and/or have experience with and is it ok? Id ask dr but from past experience they arent very good so much with aftercare.

Thanks a million everyone and for ALL feedback.