Notifications
Clear all

Getting A New Type Of Scar All Of A Sudden?

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 04/09/2014 10:25 am

My problem area is my cheecks, and my acne is pretty much always the same. I get a patch of cysts, they heal, and they leave a red mark for months, then new cysts pop up in the same area. It's a terrible cycle.

Anyway, the scars I get have ALWAYS been red marks. That's it. Now I have this new type of scar on my cheeks in the area where I always break out. They're like tiny flesh colored holes. Not as deep as icepick, and smaller. I can't get a good picture with my phone. I've never had these before. I use Tazorac 0.05% at night, and that's not helping at all. What can I do? Anyone have any idea why I'm scarring differently? Neither my acne nor my routine has changed.

MemberMember
(@apple-blossom)

Posted : 04/09/2014 10:41 am

You might just be getting to an age where you are beginning to scar, unfortunately. Or it could be because you keep getting cysts in that same area and it's doing damage to the skin, making it prone to scarring. Those small indentations might improve over time if you can give that area time to heal and do your best to prevent future break outs.

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/09/2014 11:41 am

I remember during accutane i got a really bad under the skin pimple on my right cheek (got it about errrr beginning of october) and after it went away i covered the post hyperpg with just some concealer - which is the only place i wear makeup is just to cover that dang spot. Well i don't get breakouts really anywhere else and all of a sudden would just break out on that spot. So i stopped using makeup to cover it and let the world just see its glory. And now i don't breakout there anymore. :/ idk if its the same with you- this is just my experience.

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 04/09/2014 11:43 am

You might just be getting to an age where you are beginning to scar, unfortunately. Or it could be because you keep getting cysts in that same area and it's doing damage to the skin, making it prone to scarring. Those small indentations might improve over time if you can give that area time to heal and do your best to prevent future break outs.

Sadly, I think you're right. I'm not getting as many as I used to, but the ones I've been getting over the fast few months have been leaving those little scars :(. So it's just maybe 6 on each cheek, but I'm panicking trying to prevent more. But I know I'm going to continue breaking out in the same spot. It's almost like I get the same bumps over and over again.

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 04/09/2014 1:00 pm

I remember during accutane i got a really bad under the skin pimple on my right cheek (got it about errrr beginning of october) and after it went away i covered the post hyperpg with just some concealer - which is the only place i wear makeup is just to cover that dang spot. Well i don't get breakouts really anywhere else and all of a sudden would just break out on that spot. So i stopped using makeup to cover it and let the world just see its glory. And now i don't breakout there anymore. :/ idk if its the same with you- this is just my experience.

That's how I do my makeup. I only wear concealer or a little foundation on bumps and scars. Maybe I should stop doing that? I only wear concealer for a few hours (just at work- I wash it all off at 3 when I go to the gym), so I didn't think it was hurting anything. My scars (red marks) stand out badly though because I'm so pale. And they take forever to fade back to my natural skin color. I guess I can sacrifice my self-confidence for a while and see if laying off the concealer helps. How long did it take you to clear up after you stopped using it?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/09/2014 3:10 pm

That's how I do my makeup. I only wear concealer or a little foundation on bumps and scars. Maybe I should stop doing that? I only wear concealer for a few hours (just at work- I wash it all off at 3 when I go to the gym), so I didn't think it was hurting anything. My scars (red marks) stand out badly though because I'm so pale. And they take forever to fade back to my natural skin color. I guess I can sacrifice my self-confidence for a while and see if laying off the concealer helps. How long did it take you to clear up after you stopped using it?

It didn't take that long for the pimple to go away. For a while i was using tazorac to slowing fade the scar (because it peels the skin the away) But i decided i didn't really like it (For me anyways- my bro has great success with it) So i just decided to go back to using fiancee to treat for marks and fade my H.P because most of my marks are from rosacea and not acne.