Notifications
Clear all

What Is Causing These Bumps Near My Eye? Picture Included

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 04/07/2014 8:56 pm

I have been getting small bumps underneath my eye only on the left side for the past week. Should I moisturize the area or leave it completely uncovered? How should I best approach this problem?

- link to image

Ovx7aow.jpg

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/07/2014 9:08 pm

Well I will say that when I read the title I was thinking it was going to be milia but these look like small pimples. Since it's only on one side I'm thinking it's just from excess oil, do you sleep on that side?

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 04/07/2014 9:14 pm

Well I will say that when I read the title I was thinking it was going to be milia but these look like small pimples. Since it's only on one side I'm thinking it's just from excess oil, do you sleep on that side?

I don't think they're milia either and agree that they are most likely pimples. My skin doesn't really behave normally because of how long and how many times I've been on Accutane.

I do sleep on that side. 100% of them are on this side too so maybe it's related. I will change my pillowcase tonight. Do you think I should moisturize the area with vaseline or something?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/07/2014 9:44 pm

I don't think they're milia either and agree that they are most likely pimples. My skin doesn't really behave normally because of how long and how many times I've been on Accutane.

I do sleep on that side. 100% of them are on this side too so maybe it's related. I will change my pillowcase tonight. Do you think I should moisturize the area with vaseline or something?

I'd only apply something to it if the area feels dry. It's so mild it may just go away on it's own

MemberMember
(@triumphant)

Posted : 04/08/2014 3:47 am

Looks like small pimples. Pimples are indication that problem area needs exfoliation. When cleansing, use a Qtip around eye or areas that are hard to get at.

MemberMember
(@anthonykell)

Posted : 04/10/2014 9:36 pm

Hi Monkeybeanmagic,

Do you use eye creams? Are these spots squeezable or hard?

Try a gentle exfoliator on the area (be very gentle) and it should clear up.

MemberMember
(@monkeybeanmagic)

Posted : 04/11/2014 1:43 am

Hi Monkeybeanmagic,

Do you use eye creams? Are these spots squeezable or hard?

Try a gentle exfoliator on the area (be very gentle) and it should clear up.

Nah, I don't really use anything. I do use Tazorac short contact therapy, but I don't apply it to my under eye region. I actually think Accutane is wearing off and my acne's return just happened to start in my under eye area. I know have few more pimples all over my face. Oh well. Lifelong battle for me I guess.