Notifications
Clear all

Sun And Acne

MemberMember
(@rick911)

Posted : 04/06/2014 3:25 pm

Okay guys let's start off! 5 months ago I started to get acne on my cheeks for the first time in my life ( 21 years old). At first it wasn't that bad until the month of December. Then it got pretty much severe, cysts all over my cheeks, whiteheads etc. I've tried minocycline and it had no effect on me. I then got prescribed epiduo. I'm on my 7th week and it doesn't seem to clear up that much. Recently, the sun is starting to shine again and I'm trying to absorb the most of it since I thought I had a vitamin D3 deficiency. Whenever I get back from outside, my acne seems worse then ever (much more red!). Also, my forehead has so many little blackheads which I never had before.

I'm also taking Vitamin A ( 10 000IU) Vitamin C (1500mg) Vitamin D3 ( 5000iu) Vitamin E (200 IU) along with Zinc supplements ( 50mg)

My question is : Do you guys think the sun is good for your skin or not?!

Thanks everyone :):)

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 04/06/2014 4:34 pm

I've read that a little of sun is good for the skin, like 10-20minutes daily, but being under the sun light for more can cause irritation and that means more acne, or aggravate the existing.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/06/2014 4:44 pm

never stay in the sun , its not good for your skin

MemberMember
(@victoria93)

Posted : 04/06/2014 7:11 pm

I agree with AldoMG, 10-20 minutes of sun exposure a day is ideal. Perhaps your acne seems to be more red because you're using Epiduo, which causes your skin to become sensitive, especially when it comes to sun exposure. Make sure you put on sunscreen if you go outside for long period of time.

MemberMember
(@rick911)

Posted : 04/06/2014 9:03 pm

Thanks for the advice guys!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/27/2014 8:12 pm

did you notice if your skin has gotten better or worse when you started taking the supplements? I was taking all of the same thing - vit A, vit D, vit C, zinc, and fish oil, and I noticed my skin tone looked great, but I was getting more and more pimples than I normally would. I think the multi vitamin was taking had a b vitamin in it which can worsen acne. ive since stopped taking all supplements, but I really want to introduce A, D, and fish oil back in. Let me know your thoughts :)

MemberMember
(@rick911)

Posted : 04/28/2014 3:04 pm

did you notice if your skin has gotten better or worse when you started taking the supplements? I was taking all of the same thing - vit A, vit D, vit C, zinc, and fish oil, and I noticed my skin tone looked great, but I was getting more and more pimples than I normally would. I think the multi vitamin was taking had a b vitamin in it which can worsen acne. ive since stopped taking all supplements, but I really want to introduce A, D, and fish oil back in. Let me know your thoughts

Hi! Well to be honest I didnt get better and Ive been supplementing for over a month... As experimented by you, I also got more pimples ( not cysts as I used to) . Im not taking vitamin b but I plan to get b5 on my diet soon. Maybe the pimples we are having is a sort of purge... Hopefully haha. If your situation gets better let me know!

MemberMember
(@ukdreamin)

Posted : 04/30/2014 9:47 pm

Every time I'm on vacation in the caribbean, my back clears up 100% within 3-4 days¦. something about the ocean and the sunshine clears up my acne in less than a week. I tried applying sea salt on my acne when I got back home to maintain it, but it never works like the real thing :(

MemberMember
(@mala994)

Posted : 05/01/2014 1:03 pm

Hey! Sun in general isn't good for your skin. Do you eat chocolate? Because I found that once I eat chocolate, I get acne. So I'm trying to avoid chocolate as much as I can really. This is different for everyone though so it's really about finding what kicks off your acne.

MemberMember
(@robin19)

Posted : 05/03/2014 9:28 am

Sun CAN give cancer so so BE CARFUL!

MemberMember
(@rick911)

Posted : 05/04/2014 2:22 pm

Hey! Sun in general isn't good for your skin. Do you eat chocolate? Because I found that once I eat chocolate, I get acne. So I'm trying to avoid chocolate as much as I can really. This is different for everyone though so it's really about finding what kicks off your acne.

I don't eat chocolate at all! I have a really good diet to be honest and I don't think food has anything to do with my breakouts because I've been eating healthy for over 4 years now.. :S