Notifications
Clear all

New Dented Acne Scars-Any Advice?

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 04/06/2014 4:04 am

Hi I am new, so sorry if I'm doing everything wrong...

I've had breakouts on my cheeks for about 5 or so months, I think it is hormonal.

Lots of redness and inflammation.

In the last week or so I have been noticing some dents in my skin when I am in harsh light, usually when that light is directly above my

face or cheeks.

I don't think they're deep, as I said, they're only really noticeable when I twist my head at weird angles under pretty harsh light.

I think maybe because the inflammation and redness is going away slightly, the dents have become noticeable (though they're all still red) Or maybe they are only now appearing.

I still do have redness-hyper-pigmentation, so maybe my skin is still healing.

Is there a possibility that the dents will improve-seeing as they're new and my skin is still healing?

Is there anything I can do or take internally to help then heal?

I know scar are permanent, but I just wanted to know if anyone thinks its possible for me to do anything non-invasive now, to help them heal better or something.

Sorry if this didn't make sense but as you can probably imagine, I am pretty worried!

Any help or advice would be really greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 04/06/2014 9:05 am

You have to allow your skin to settle down completely before doing anything. If your scars are only visible under certain lighting conditions chances are you don't have a major problem so don't allow your mind to blow it out of proportion - that is very easy to do. Baby your skin and you may find that you don't have a problem.

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 04/06/2014 7:46 pm

You have to allow your skin to settle down completely before doing anything. If your scars are only visible under certain lighting conditions chances are you don't have a major problem so don't allow your mind to blow it out of proportion - that is very easy to do. Baby your skin and you may find that you don't have a problem.

Thanks for your reply.

The scars are all still red and obviously look much better when I'm wearing make-up.

I'm suffering some major anxiety about my skin right now, I can't get it of my mind or concentrate on anything else.

Is there anything specific that you could recommend?

Or anything I should avoid that could make it worse?

I'm very tempted to go see a dermatologist-maybe a bit of microdermabrasion could help, or some mild gentle chemical peels But then at the same time I am very concerned about making it worse.

I still have active acne too so a derm probably wouldn't do any treatments for the scars, and would probably suggest acne meds, which I don't really want to take because I do feel like my skin is improving.

Its so bloody frustrating because from front on my skin on my cheeks looks pretty much baby smooth!! Other then the red marks and a couple of pimples.

Grrrr...

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 04/06/2014 8:08 pm

I think you could get a lot of advice on that Essential Day Spa thread that I posted a few days ago.