Notifications
Clear all

Spiroloctone Stopped Working/higher Dose?

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 04/05/2014 3:25 pm

Any thoughts on my stressful situation, greatly appreciated:

In January, I got Pityriasis Rosea which is a rare skin condition. They are not sure what causes it, but may be hormonal. Consists of a gross rash and being sick for about two months. When I started to feel better and rash disappeared, my acne started to come back after being 99 percent clear for last the six years taking spironloctone, birth control pill, and Retin a at night. I was taking 100mg at night. With my acne coming back, I panicked and have been cutting my pills and taking 25 mg in the am and 100 at night still. I called my derm and he wants me to to back to 100 and take minocycline. I've never had much luck with mild antibiotics in the past and don't love the idea of long term antibiotics. So I've kept up,with my 25 in the am and 100 in the pm the last three weeks. Along with the bc and retin a. I'm still getting the small white bumps in t zone. Mostly on chin but some around nose. I am feeling so much better re sickness. So Im wondering if the bumps may be from increasing the dose and thinking maybe go back to 100, but splitting the dose to 50 in the am and 50 in afternoon and pm. Thoughts???

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 04/05/2014 7:41 pm

Anybody??

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 04/07/2014 1:46 am

Bump

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 03/01/2019 6:17 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@cassie-sara)

Posted : 03/13/2019 12:12 pm

I dont think a higher dose has anything to do with the breakouts. If anything it should work better...I mean, thats the purpose...but I dont know, Im not a doctor