Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndreL

How long is too long

When taking prescriptions how long should I take it before seeing that it not working and move on to the next prescription in my list of prescriptions

I thought that antibiotics stay in your system for up to two weeks. With Accutane, it stays in your system for two months (I've heard two years somewhere but that doesn't seem right).

I believe the two week rule also applies with topical prescriptions as well.

Some drugs take up to 90 days to fully work because that's how long it can take acne to take it course from start to finish.I got to the point that antibiotics did not do much.I needed something to bust up the clogs under my skin without too much irritation.If, after two months, you are not seeing an improvement, it is time to call the doc.What have you been using if you don't mind saying?

The acne clinic i went to (in canada) they would do something they called extractions. They used a tool to extract all the black and white heads. Worked great and it was instant, u acutally know the entire plug of dirt is comming out.

Yep , it depends to much on the drug. But let say 90 days .

Antibiotics are a waste of time and money , by the way

I used tetracycline and cleared my face right up. and I'm about to start on another family of anti-biotics but I don't know what to move on to. I was thinking keflex.

Also my faced has change its not as oily as before and I used to exudes excessive amounts of oil and when I sweat it felt like all oil. But with that tetracyclin was working for me it mad me sweat pure water. And it cleared up the mark the acne left on my face so it was some pretty good stuff.

So, I am just looking for something to move on to after tetracycline I have mostly black head and scars I can't get ride of