Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ADRIAN

increasing dosage

Just had my dose raised from 40 to 80mg a day. So now i take 2 pills a day. Just curious if anyone had another breakout when they were bumped up a dose. Since i'm doubling mine i am expecting something. I know my skin will be extremely dry now but am afraid of breaking out for a few weeks now. My first breakout didn't start until at least 2 weeks into my course. I am in my 2nd week with the upped dose and have a few breakouts now . Could it be the doubling? (6th week on accutane)

I am in fear of the same thing. I started on 20 and got what I thought was an "initial breakout" then was upped to 40 mg and got what I thought was the "initial breakout." I am starting 60 mg by the end of the week but my doctor assured me that it won't happen again. How he knows this? I have no idea.

However, these breakouts happened almost immediately (within a few days of the upped dosage) so I would assume that it is clear sailing and clear skin for you in the future.

Good luck with everything and keep us all posted!