Notifications
Clear all

Fem Rebalance

MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 04/03/2014 6:58 pm

Hi all.

So I just had a question whether anyone has had any experience with this herbal supplement from Vitanica called Fem Rebalance? I have mentioned this in other posts..but long story short I am off the pill almost two months now and I am trying to find something to kind of set my hormones into shape. I basically never had acne prior to going on Lutera and now that Im off my hormones/skin have gone nuts lol. So anyway I have been doing tons of obsessive research lol (not to great for my mind) and found this.

So here are the ingredients

Two capsules a day contains : licorice root 200mg, chaste berry root 200mg, rhodiolia root 200mg, borage oil powder 160mg, maca root 100mg, vervain root 100mg, sasparilla root 100, wild yam root 100mg, black cohosh extract 80mg.

Apparently this is geared specifically for women who are post bc pill to help balance out hormones and restore health. If anyone has any thoughts or experiences please feel free to share. Thank you all as always.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/06/2014 9:37 pm

I predict an initial breakout with this...it seems risky to take an herbal blend, there are so many variables that are known to cause breakouts (initial or otherwise), like maca, vitex, and licorice root.

I would start with vitex in drop form, it's the most helpful out of all of the ingredients. That's what I did when I came off the pill years ago.

MemberMember
(@krissy990)

Posted : 04/07/2014 7:26 pm

I predict an initial breakout with this...it seems risky to take an herbal blend, there are so many variables that are known to cause breakouts (initial or otherwise), like maca, vitex, and licorice root.

I would start with vitex in drop form, it's the most helpful out of all of the ingredients. That's what I did when I came off the pill years ago.

Thanks so much for the advise. The maca root is really suspect to me simply because Ive read so many different things. Some confirm that its helps promote estrogen production others say that it promotes androgenic activity. I wish things were more clear cut but I guess everyone reacts differently. Or better yet I wish I understood more about hormones/suppliments in general.