Oily Skin Vs Dry Sk...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily Skin Vs Dry Skin

MemberMember
(@livefreealways)

Posted : 04/03/2014 6:12 pm

So a question ive been wondering about for a long time and im very confused about.?????

So how come my skin is so dry when i dont use moisturizer but then oily after i use a moisturizer or lotion?

isnt a lotion or moisturizer supposed to get rid of dryness not just keep it there?

i would rather go out with oily skin than dry skin but they both are embarrassing especially when you have spots too.

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 04/03/2014 6:19 pm

Make sure you are using the right moisturizer for your skin. I think that you want the moisturizer to hydrate your skin and to get rid of the dryness but you don't really want your skin to become oily or shiny.

If you need a new moisturizer take a look at www.paulaschoice.com where they rate different products and you can see what would be best for your skin concern. I always check it out when I am looking for a new product. Their ratings seem quite fair and unbiased.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@livefreealways)

Posted : 04/03/2014 6:31 pm

Make sure you are using the right moisturizer for your skin. I think that you want the moisturizer to hydrate your skin and to get rid of the dryness but you don't really want your skin to become oily or shiny.

If you need a new moisturizer take a look at www.paulaschoice.com where they rate different products and you can see what would be best for your skin concern. I always check it out when I am looking for a new product. Their ratings seem quite fair and unbiased.

Good luck.

i have checked that site and bought the cerave moisturizing lotion and cream because they both had best ratings and i dont feel like they were helping.

another thing is i can put the same moisturizer on my body and neck and it wont look oily and then when i put it on my face it looks oily. like cetaphil moisturizer for example.

MemberMember
(@milksaltsugar)

Posted : 04/19/2014 4:25 pm

I use a gel based moisturiser (sebamed clear face care gel), creams feel a little too thick and heavy, and i haven't found/tried a good lotion yet.

MemberMember
(@stilltrying1)

Posted : 04/20/2014 10:21 pm

my oil production seems so much less since i stopped moisturizing during the day. it is crazy. i used to blot at least 5 times a day could clear out two sheets in one blotting. now that i dont moisturize during the day i blot MAYBE once and dont even use up an entire sheet. it's awesome. but, like you, my skin is a bit too dry throughout the day.

i also stopped using cleanser and just use water. i use a topical antibacterial and epiduo at night along with neutrogina AHA lotion. i wake up oily but after i rinse it's fine. i think my problem though is the intense skin shedding the topicals cause me which makes me seem oily. i dont think i have genetic oily skin as it was never an issue until topicals.

also i can do this right now because i havn't had a serious zit in almost 5 months after a course of doxy and getting back into using epiduo in the places i started breaking out again last year. i've been off doxy for 2 months... hopefully it stays this way

MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 10/14/2014 11:48 pm

I go trough the same thing as well I don't understand it? I have dry skin rarely wash my face

*Morning wash just water

Add my acne medication

*Moisturizer and sunscreen

Then wash just once a day?

But by the end of the day I'm oily:(

MemberMember
(@finallyacnefree)

Posted : 12/12/2014 12:29 pm

When I went to makeup school, my teacher taught me the science behind oily skin. She said oil is being produced when your skin is dehydrated, so it's making up for the lack of moisture. Night creams penetrate the skin vs moisturizers stay on top.

My skin is flaky yet oily. I hate it! I started using a night cream and that helped my oil a lot. I get a few little pimples from the night cream, I think I used too much. I tried cutting the usage down to a few times a week. Go to sephora or a department store and try a good one. You can always return if it doesn't help! I saw improvement right away; my pores looked so much better, my makeup wasn't sliding off my face anymore, no more flaky skin.

Note; you only use a small amount of night cream. A small pea size for the entire face.