Notifications
Clear all

Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion And Adapalene Gel Questions

MemberMember
(@mrbubblespie)

Posted : 04/03/2014 4:05 pm

Im 16 years old and have Severe to above average acne. For about 2 months I have been using doxycycline 100mg twice a day, Clindamycin phosphate lotion during the day, and Adapalene Gel 1% at night. My routine is wake up get in the shower and scrub my face with a face cloth with cetaphil gental cleanser on it. Im not sure if scrubbing is the best idea. But anyways when i get out of the shower i apply the Clindamycin. When i get home from school i wash my the same way as the shower and re apply the Clindamycin. Before bed I wash my face fully and apply the Adapalene. Sometimes when i wake up the next morning i have a few white heads. But my main concern is im not sure if its working. It has improved but not by to to much. Im asking how long it will take to kick in possibly. Also i have quite big pores and oily skin if that is a factor, any input would be great.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 04/03/2014 5:00 pm

Topic moved to prescription acne medications forum

MemberMember
(@aluxeruzzo)

Posted : 04/03/2014 5:09 pm

If you've only been using these products for 2 months, your skin is probably still purging a little, this should stop around 3-3 1/2 months. if you're still having problems i'd talk to your derm. and dont scrub your face!! that's probably causing some of the problems, all scrubbing does is irritate

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 04/03/2014 5:20 pm

I agree with the previous poster - don't scrub, it may just cause further irritation and breakouts. Also you only need to wash 2x a day unless you are doing something to get excessively dirty or sweaty. Over washing can cause over drying of the skin which can actually make it more oily. Be gentle with your skin.

And hang in there a bit longer and you will probably see positive results.