Milk Of Magnesia- T...

Notifications
Clear all

Milk Of Magnesia- The "cure"

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 04/03/2014 1:50 pm

Hi all!

I have been wondering for a while about the benefits of using Milk of Magnesia (MOM) on my oily skin. So many people have had amazing results with it that I was considering trying it. However, that was until I found this-

Some pH examples:

pH 1 battery acid - (acid extreme)

pH 1.5 -2 = Gastric (stomach) acid

pH 2.5 = Cola soft drinks

pH 2 = lemon juice

pH 3 = vinegar

ph = 3.5 Orange Juice

pH 4.6-5.5 = healthy skin

pH 5.5 = rain, (pure water, when exposed to the atmosphere, will take in carbon dioxide, changing its pH)

pH 6.5 = milk

pH 6.5 7.4 = Healthy Saliva

pH 7 = pure distilled water - (this is Neutral pH, neither acid or base)

pH 7.35 7.45 = human blood

pH 8.5 = baking soda

pH 9 = Sea Water

pH 9.0-10.0 = Hand Soap, detergents

pH 10.5 = Milk of Magnesia

pH 11.5 = household ammonia

pH 12.5 = household bleach

pH 13 = lye (sodium hydroxide, or Draino)(Alkaline or Base extreme)

Can anyone tell me the possible damage that using MOM on my skin could do? I understand that something with this high of a pH cannot be good for my skin, but if it will "cure" my oily skin should I risk it?

I find it strange that so many people have had great results with it, in spite of its dangerously high pH. Can anybody help me out here please?

Thank you very much

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 04/03/2014 4:03 pm

What are you using on your face now?

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 04/04/2014 2:44 am

Nothing for oily skin at the moment. I finished taking accutane 5 months ago and I thought my oily skin had been cured. However now my skin is getting oilier my the day and I'm looking into something that will help me get rid of it :)

Are there any other alternatives that will give me the same amazing results as MOM?

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 04/10/2014 7:48 pm

Haven't posted in a loooooooong time, so sorry if I'm not much help.

But I've used MOM for about 2 weeks. It literally did nothing for my oily skin. It did make my redness decrease however. But I remember using it in the morning before school, with moisturizer applied on top, and it looked like I was sweating, it was really bad. It made my oily skin even oilier, and so I never touched it again. I guess with some people it works wonders, and with some it doesn't. Don't know much about pH and all that, but if you really want your oily skin gone, you'd risk trying out a product, right? I think we all would since we're about fed up with our skin. Never know until you use it. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@eatsrainbows)

Posted : 04/13/2014 2:10 am

But I've used MOM for about 2 weeks. It literally did nothing for my oily skin. It did make my redness decrease however. But I remember using it in the morning before school, with moisturizer applied on top, and it looked like I was sweating, it was really bad. It made my oily skin even oilier, and so I never touched it again. I guess with some people it works wonders, and with some it doesn't. Don't know much about pH and all that, but if you really want your oily skin gone, you'd risk trying out a product, right? I think we all would since we're about fed up with our skin. Never know until you use it. Good luck!

Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm fed up with my skin but I don't want to risk damaging it in the process of trying to make it better (especially after everything accutane but my poor skin through). I think I'll try MOM if the oil gets any worse and becomes unbearable so thanks for your advice 🙂

MemberMember
(@brf7)

Posted : 05/11/2014 11:26 am

Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm fed up with my skin but I don't want to risk damaging it in the process of trying to make it better (especially after everything accutane but my poor skin through). I think I'll try MOM if the oil gets any worse and becomes unbearable so thanks for your advice

May I ask how your Accutane experience went? On the 29th of this month I have my first appointment with a dermatologist and I plan on asking him if he'll put me on Accutane. What problems did you have with it? Did you have just oily skin or did you have acne too?