Notifications
Clear all

Cleansing With Soap Nuts?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 04/02/2014 8:40 pm

Has anyone tried cleansing with soap nuts? They produce surfactants (like sulfates), but they are supposedly less harsh and are not derived from coconut like most surfactants used in cleansers. I just ordered some soap nuts, and I plan to make soap nut liquid and put it a foam pump to use as a face wash. I have realized that pretty much every traditional cleanser clogs me, and so I am hoping this might work better.

MemberMember
(@shellyr8)

Posted : 04/04/2014 1:25 pm

I just recently started doing this! I wanted a more gentle cleanser with a ph that was closer to the natural ph of the skin. The foaming pump I have works great with the soap nut "tea". I also put some lavender flowers and rosemary essential oil in my soap. It smells lovely and I think it's really helping to calm my skin. I wake up with a pretty clear complexion after I wash with it at night. Just be careful not to get it in your eyes as I hear it can really sting!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 04/04/2014 3:47 pm

I just recently started doing this! I wanted a more gentle cleanser with a ph that was closer to the natural ph of the skin. The foaming pump I have works great with the soap nut "tea". I also put some lavender flowers and rosemary essential oil in my soap. It smells lovely and I think it's really helping to calm my skin. I wake up with a pretty clear complexion after I wash with it at night. Just be careful not to get it in your eyes as I hear it can really sting!

Thanks for sharing! Do you feel it cleanses well? My skin can get a little oily by the day and I'm hoping it won't be too much for the soap nuts to handle. My soap nuts should come in the mail today. I'm excited 🙂

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 04/05/2014 8:59 pm

So I made the soap nut liquid tonight and just used it for the first time to wash my face. The liquid actually cleans really well. My skin gets oily by the end of the day, and the liquid did a really good job of cleaning away the oil without making my skin feel dried out. The liquid does sting a little if you get it in your eyes, though. I'm going to continue washing my face with it to see if my clogs (which I believe are from traditional skin products) improve.

MemberMember
(@shellyr8)

Posted : 04/05/2014 9:49 pm

Ya I found the same benefit in the soap nuts! They do clean pretty well and never leave my skin dry and tight like other cleansers. I'm sure thats owing to the fact that its slightly acidic. Did you let your soap nuts simmer for 30 minutes or did you just make a "tea". I usually do the simmer method since it makes a stronger solution

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 04/05/2014 11:51 pm

Ya I found the same benefit in the soap nuts! They do clean pretty well and never leave my skin dry and tight like other cleansers. I'm sure thats owing to the fact that its slightly acidic. Did you let your soap nuts simmer for 30 minutes or did you just make a "tea". I usually do the simmer method since it makes a stronger solution

I let them simmer because I also wanted a stronger liquid since I'm cleansing my face with it. I watched a you tube video where a guy put some soap nuts in water in a plastic container and would just shake up the container and use the soapy mix in the shower. I might try that on my body since it doesn't get so oily and the milder solution would probably be fine.

MemberMember
(@syed-suhail)

Posted : 07/17/2019 10:57 am

Hi we have to boil soap nuts before washing the face

If we want to wash our face we have to boil it then we have apply on face

If we want to wash our face we have to boil soap nutsthen we have apply on face