Notifications
Clear all

Questions About Subcision

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/01/2014 8:38 pm

I have a few questions about subcision. After the initial swelling goes down,does the scar look dented in and then fill in over time,or is the result supposed to be immediate?

Just wondering what to expect.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/02/2014 1:13 am

nothing is immediate with acne scars, lol

in most cases with subcision the scars fill (rarely 100% more like 20-80%) in but it can take months for that to happen as the skin is still repairing itself

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/02/2014 7:36 am

Thank you :)

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/02/2014 7:57 am

This is a great question and Ill tell you my story and what my research has told me. I went to derm a few years back for advice on correcting old acne scar from my 20's (im in 40s now). Had a old co2 laser in 90s (did next to nothing and a little collagen which did nothing). I research

a permanent filler ARTFILL and wanted to try it and she was giving. However much to my surprise she said no and tgat i first needed subcision.

I was like omg no!!!! Anyway, i went along and had it. A month later she gave me artfill. It was of course explained that without subcision the filler would not go where the scars were tethered to one another. Makes sense. Now its 2 years later and I see only about a 30% improvement.

Then when i researched subcision its of course not that easy, hmmm??

Through my research and looking at peoples pics it seems that the people with the drastic results and real good improvement have had "multiple" subcisions done. I have appt with derm late next week and will ask her this and post her answer back in this thread. I am also seeing something very interesting as of recent which is subcision with suction which is suppose to produce excellent results (research it). The thing my derm was very against was laser (which initially really surprised me) but she stated laser goes from surface and scarring is deep.

Anyway, research and tell me what you find about doing multiple subcisions.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 04/02/2014 8:50 am

I did notice a difference over two weeks as new scar tissue filled up where the subcision had been done. Unfortunately it was too much and I had to have another procedure to bring it down. Now it is filled in somewhat, but not a ton, and I have a little bit of the bumpy scar tissue remaining. Not sure I would have gone that route knowing how it turned out.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/02/2014 1:02 pm

I did notice a difference over two weeks as new scar tissue filled up where the subcision had been done. Unfortunately it was too much and I had to have another procedure to bring it down. Now it is filled in somewhat, but not a ton, and I have a little bit of the bumpy scar tissue remaining. Not sure I would have gone that route knowing how it turned out.

You got too much collagen after the subcision?

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 04/02/2014 1:45 pm

Too much collagen aka scar tissue, yup.

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/02/2014 2:52 pm

I'm at the point where i would be happy for things to just fill in and not look like someone clawed my face.It almost looks like a claw mark.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 04/02/2014 3:15 pm

i just had subcision last month, and when the swelling went down it looked as though the rolling scar returned. this last week or so, it looks as though its filling in, but very slowly, i do have some left over restylane though, and my dr said to kinda pinch the surrounding skin and move it around.

view my thread, i have pics posted through it

h ope it helps

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/02/2014 3:16 pm

I just had my second subcision + filler on Monday. I didn't get any results from my first procedure but this second time around has been much better. % wise, I'd say I'm at 40-50% (some is likely swelling of course) and the doc tells me that it should improve with time. I think you need to do multiple subcisions AND find a doctor that knows what's he/she is doing. It seems easy but there is definitely a technique. The difference between my first subcision with one doctor and the second with another was like night and day in terms of bruising, filler and results. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 04/02/2014 4:11 pm

It does sound like it takes more than one subcision in most cases.

I just had my second subcision + filler on Monday. I didn't get any results from my first procedure but this second time around has been much better. % wise, I'd say I'm at 40-50% (some is likely swelling of course) and the doc tells me that it should improve with time. I think you need to do multiple subcisions AND find a doctor that knows what's he/she is doing. It seems easy but there is definitely a technique. The difference between my first subcision with one doctor and the second with another was like night and day in terms of bruising, filler and results. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 04/02/2014 4:46 pm

Were the results better with more bruising ?