Notifications
Clear all

Can Your Body Change In Terms Of Its Reaction Toward Food?

MemberMember
(@ginormouschow)

Posted : 03/31/2014 2:49 pm

Hi,

Since the end of puberty, my skin has been clear. I have never had any allergies toward any kinds of food. In the period of time when I was clear. I used to consume diary products, soy (and all other food that contain Lignans) - you name it, without any acne problems.

About half a year ago, I moved from the east coast to west coast. And I started breaking out. Granted my acne problems were probably due to sleep problems and stress, should I watch out for food that can potentially aggravate my acne problems?

I have eliminated diary products from my diet for the past three weeks, and my acne problems remain roughly the same.

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/01/2014 7:52 am

How's the sleep & stress?

And yes, you can develop an intolerance at any time, especially in times of stress.

MemberMember
(@gwashin)

Posted : 04/01/2014 4:19 pm

Researchers in Germany say that acne is a risk indicator for metabolic disease. .I recently came across this research paper published late last year (2013), in a medical dermatology journal. It summarises the current research; which supports a strong link between the same Western Diet that causes acne as a teenager and increased body mass index, insulin resistance in later life. It suggests that acne is a long-term Risk Indicator of certain diseases: It does not suggest, however, that acne causes these diseases in later life. Instead, this research suggests that the Western diet, which plays a big role in the development of acne in early life, if left unchecked, the ongoing consumption of these same foods, would ultimately cause more serious diseases in the future.

The researchers suggest that acne is a visible indicator of an overactive metabolic state where the body is trying to respond and process an overload of calories; in particular sugar. The study concluded (and there is good evidence) that this overworked metabolic condition leads to serious long term conditions and diseases of metabolism such as overweight (increased BMI), obesity, arterial hypertension, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes mellitus, and potentially Alzheimers disease, according to the researchers.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 04/02/2014 9:56 am

It's a risk indicator only for those genetically prone to acne. Everyone else eating the SAD diet is at risk as well, cfear skin or not.

Acne prone people are not anymore sickly than clear skinned people. That is not the difference between us & them

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/02/2014 9:36 pm

Gwashin has the right idea.

Leaky gut and autoimmune disorders can also change how your body reacts to otherwise harmless substances.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/02/2014 11:47 pm

Yes. A couple weeks ago I suddenly developed some sort of reaction to bananas - whenever I eat them, they cause immense abdominal pain for several hours (no acne though). This comes after eating bananas somewhat regularly for years.

But there are many explanations for sudden onset of acne.